Chapter 26- The Unbelievable truth and the Lionheart

Leonard:

A name with French and German origins meaning Lion-hearted

                                               Cassandra:
The name derives from Greek Heritage...meaning one of unbelievable truth....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cassandra's eyes widened at the sight of the monitor displaying a regular heartbeat.

"He's alive..." Kirk murmured. Cassandra smiled and sighed in relief. The doctors starred at the monitor in disbelief.

"How...How is this possible.?" One of the nurses questioned while looking at the medical officers. Their jaws dropped to the floor.

"This...this is unbelievable..." One of them said. They immediately  began to swarm around him, blocking Cassandra and Kirk's view.

Cassandra sighed in relief and didn't fight when the nurses pulled her away. She could relax knowing he was alive. Her eyelids grew heavy as the nurses guided her to a hospital bed, but she collapsed on the way there. Her adrenaline was fading and she had no strength left in her body. Kirk caught Cassandra before her head collided with the floor.

"You need to get food in her system. She hasn't eaten in days." He ordered as he carried her to the hospital bed.

"We'll take it from here." One of the nurses said as she began to put an IV in her hand. Kirk nodded and walked out of MedBay.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A dull light seeped into Cassandra's vision as she opened her eyes to see a blurry world. She blinked several times before the blurriness faded. Cassandra found herself starring up at MedBay's ceiling. When she looked around, she found herself in a hospital bed with monitors around her. A nurse was approaching her.

"Oh good, you're up." She said with a smile.

"What happened?" Cassandra asked.

"You passed out." The nurse replied. "Your body was exhausted, and since you haven't had anything to eat, it only made things worse."

Cassandra didn't say anything after. There was a pause of silence.

"You can go get something to eat." The nurse added. "Your actually free to go if you'd like."

As Cassandra began to get up, she noticed she was in a hospital gown.  The nurse realized as well and walked away. When she came back, she had a white nurse dress and black boots.

"Here you go." She said.

"Thank you." Cassandra replied while smiling. Once Cassandra was done getting dressed, she began to exit MedBay until her feet stopped at the entrance. She turned around and began to walk to the other side of the bay. Her expression fell into a worried one as her eyes landed on the sleeping doctor. The rise and fall of his chest relaxed her a bit.

"He's going to be fine." The nurse said as she walked to Cassandra's side. "But, he may be in a coma for a few days."

Cassandra sighed a little, then nodded. She walked out of MedBay with a relaxed expression. He was going to be okay.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two days later......