Chapter 15- The Unknown

“Permission to board the bridge?”

Kirk turned his head around to see Cassandra waiting at the doorway.  “Permission granted.”

Cassandra nodded as she walked over to where Bones was standing. Kirk’s frustration was beginning to grow at the sight of the planet.

The ship’s damage was almost fixed... He sighed in his mind. And these guys just had to blow it up again!

“Sir, their weapons are locked on us.” Sulu reported.

“Chekov, call the planet.” Kirk ordered. “I want to know why they are attacking us.”

Chekov nodded at Kirk’s order. “Sir, we have connected.”

The window in front of everyone soon projected a horrendous face. The creature’s pitch black eyes starred back at Kirk. A shiver ran down Cassandra’s spine as she looked at the creature. Its face looked stretched back, making its eyes seem to pop out. The creatures' head was a dark green. Strange patterns topped its head like hair did. Coal black human lips concealed its razor sharp teeth and snake like tongue.

“This is James Kirk, captain of the U.S.S enterprise. Please explain why you have locked weapons on our ship.” Kirk questioned.

"We are at war with Starfleet." The alien replied. Kirk's eyes widened. He knew nothing about this!

"How come?"

The creature paused before answering, as if it was choosing its every word wisely. "Starfleet began the genocide of our race."

"Why would Starfleet do such a thing?"

"Because humans are untrustworthy." 

"Our mission at the moment is to patrol." Kirk began. "We have no orders of a genocide.  We are explorers, not killers. The only orders we have received are to watch out for any unwanted business heading to earth."

"Humans are all the same." the creature hissed.

Spock walked over and stood at the Captain's side. "But Vulcans are working with humans now, which can only mean that they have evolved from the humans you remember. They are not the same as before." He interrupted.

"How long have they been working with your kind?" The creature questioned to Spock.

"For quite a while now, and they haven't just worked with Vulcans. Other alien races have come to earth to work with them as well."  Spock began.

The creature continued to listen.

"When my home plant, Vulcan, sent out a distress signal to Earth, the humans did not think twice on what they were about to do. They immediately came to our aid. The Vulcan race was saved  because of them."

A mix expression flew over the aliens face.

"Let us talk more on the planet." It concluded before the screen was filled with stars again.

"Mr.Sulu, you are in charge for the time being." Kirk began as him and Spock headed out of the bridge. "But only shoot weapons on my order."