Chapter 16- Just following orders

As the shuttle landed on the planet, Kirk and Spock looked out of the window. The planet looked very similar to Earth. There were trees and lakes, but they looked a lot different. The tree's pitch black branches hung down like weeping willows with dark green leaves. A dark murky purple colored the ground while the water appeared a dark blue. The only thing that mirrored Earth was the night sky. It's shade of blue still covered the atmosphere. When Kirk walked out of the shuttle with Spock, three strange creatures were waiting. They stood at a height of seven feet and bared a tail. Their clothes resembled the darkness of the trees around them. Strange patterns ran down the sleeves of their shirts and pants.

"Welcome." The creatures greeted with a serious tone. It was defiantly unwelcoming to Kirk. Once they caught up with the alien, Spock and Kirk were lead through a small village. Houses made out of wood hung in the trees and rested on the ground below. Spheres illuminating light rested in hanging bowls, lighting the roads and paths. Once they passed through the village, they came to a castle like structure. It reached a fairly tall hight with three stories and its width stretched out far. When Kirk walked into the castle, he took a good look at the walls. It wasn't made out of metal. It looked like a mix of clay and stone.

"Right this way."one of the creatures said as he lead them to a huge room. As they walked in, their gazes fell on the creature siting in a chair made out of metal debris. The metal looked very familiar.

Just as Spock and Kirk walked to the creatures' chair, a flicker of anger flashed in it's strict expression. It turned to the creature they had spoke to on the bridge. Their language contained shrills and screams that were very inhuman. They both looked at Spock in anger.

"My leader says he smells human blood in you." It hissed. Spock froze for a second.

"That is true. I am half human-" Spock began, but was cut off by hisses from the other creatures behind him and Kirk. The creature in front of him scowled.

"But all that I have told you is true." He finished once the hissing died down. Their leader stood up from his chair.

"How do we know you are not lying?" It asked. Before Spock could answer, one of the creatures spoke up. It screamed it's language at its leader, who nodded and scowled.

"What did he say?" Kirk questioned to the creature next to him. It glared at him.

"Even if the man is half Vulcan, he still has the capability to lie, just like the man who betrayed us ten years ago. We should not trust a word they say." he hissed. The leader paused a moment before he yelled to the creature standing in front of a counter filled with metal buttons and speakers.Kirk's eyes widened.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"They fired at us!" Chekov exclaimed as he turned around to face Sulu. Fear glinted in the boy's eyes. Cassandra gasped as she saw the metal torpedo flying in their direction from the two ships approaching them from the planet.

"Don't fire anything!" Sulu heard the Captain roar from his communicator.

"Sir-"

"That's an order!"

Sulu frowned. Four torpedo's exploded at the touch of the ship's shield. The Enterprise shook violently as the explosions lit up the bridge. Cassandra along with many other people fell to the ground in the quake. Her heart began to pound like a base drum inside of her as she saw the ships approaching.

"Can we communicate with StarFleet?" Sulu questioned to Uhura.

"We can't. They somehow shut down our communication systems. " She replied.

"I bet it was when they bombed us a second time." Bones sighed in frustration. Cassandra walked over to Chekov in worry.

"Will their torpedoes break our shields?" She asked, her voice quivering in terror.

"Their weapons aren't as advanced as ours, so they shouldn't do an extreme amount of damage." He replied. She hoped he was right.

"Hey Cassandra." Bones called from behind her. She turned around to face him.

"Why don't you head back to MedBay to see if anybody is hurt?" He suggested.

"Ok." She replied as she walked out of the bridge.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"There are innocent men and women aboard that ship." Kirk commented at the leader's action.

"There were innocent people aboard the ships StarFleet destroyed." One of the creatures snapped back.

"Revenge is not always the answer." Spock interrupted.

"Those ships contained half of our race." The leader spat, his words like venom. Kirk frowned. The leader turned to the guards, then screamed something at them. They nodded and approached Kirk and Spock.

"Stun." Kirk whispered to Spock as he pulled out a secret phaser he had. Both of them slipped past the guards and out of the room. They ran through and out of the clay castle. Many guards tried to catch them, but the phasers helped them escape. Instead of running through the village, Kirk and Spock ran to the woods that lined outside of it. Once they were a good enough distance away, Kirk heard Spock collapse. He whipped his head around to see Spock clutching his side.

"It seems one of the guards scratched me." Spock said as he removed his hand from his side to reveal a fairly large gash covered in green blood. Kirk yanked out his communicator.

"Kirk to Bridge." He began. "I need medical attention now."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bones snapped his head up at the sound of Kirk's voice coming out of Sulu's communicator. He punched the button that went over MedBay's intercom.

"Someone needs to go down to the planet to help the Captain." He said, but immediately regretted it. He ran out of the bridge and pulled out his communicator.

"Dr.McCoy?" Cassandra's voice questioned.

"Those orders were for other people Cassandra,do not follow them." He yelled as he bolted to MedBay, only to find her not there.

"I'm sorry." escaped out of his communicator. Bones' eyes widened.

"Cassandra don't do this! Do not follow orders!" He roared as he rushed to the beaming spot.

"How else am I supposed to become a Chief Medical officer like you if I don't follow orders?" She said, her voice cracking in fear. By the time Bones got to his destination, Cassandra was already being surrounded by lights. She half grinned, her eyes sparking with tears.

"I'm just following orders." She said as she faded away into the light. Bones' heart dropped to the floor as he stood there in shock. He couldn't do anything now. Thoughts of her getting killed out there whirled around in his mind.

"Get her back on board!" He barked. The man in charge of beaming shook his head.

"I can't get a lock on her. She's moving to fast." He stuttered.

Bones sighed.