Chapter 22-Drowning

The sound of the metal door slamming against the wall made Cassandra jolt awake. Her eyes flickered open in terror. The guards said nothing as they guided her out of her cell and to different room. Since she hadn't had anything to eat, much less drink, in the past few days, Cassandra fell to her knees part of the way, but the guards didn't care. They simply picked her up and ran to the room. They didn't have time to beat her, the humans were probably close, so why waste the time?

As the guards burst into the room, Cassandra's gaze was locked on a large rectangular glass case filled with water. Her heart began to race as the guards approached it. She franticly began to kick and punch, desperately trying to fight back, but she was too weak. The cold water incased her skin as she plummeted into its grip. One of the guards held her neck and pushed her down to the bottom of the case. Cassandra clawed at the alien's hand, but it did not budge. Her lungs began to burn like fire as she continued to hold her breath. Black formed around her vision while she looked up to see the world glistening and deformed from the water's surface. Cassandra felt her body began to sink to the bottom on it's own as the world grew into darkness......

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author's note: Thank you all so much for the votes and comments on this story! :) I really appreciate it.

Anyways, sorry this chapter is short, I've been very busy lately, and my time to write is decreasing greatly :(

BUT! I will try to finish this story by the end of August.

Yeah, that means the end is coming up :) (Lol I think I'm like 8 chapters away XD +Epilogue. I'm not quite sure what chapter I will end the story on, so it could vary. I'm guessing 8, but it could be 10. Not sure.)

Also, I want to add a little author's note for chapter 20. I never got to explain why I put 'My Fault' by Imagine Dragons XD but....I think it's pretty self explanatory XD If you haven't listened to it I suggest you do :) It's perfect for that chapter :)