Chapter 4- An Attack

"Are you sure you can handle it Cassie?"

"I'm positive!"

"Make sure to wear gloves, that stuff can burn your skin raw."

"Ok."

"and Cassie?"

"yes?"

"Be careful." Those were the last two words Cassandra heard from Dr. McCoy when a low rumbling sound echoed in the hallway. She was on her way to the other side of the Enterprise to give someone a shot when the floor began to shake. Her grip on the medical bag tightened as she walked by the empty halls. There was no one in sight. She pulled out her communicator and called Scotty. 

"What is it Cassie?" He answered. 

"Is everything in the ship alright?" Cassandra questioned while looking at the empty hallways.

"Actually, something is acting up in the ship, I wonder-" Scotty was cut off by a massive explosion echoing from Cassandra's communicator. His eyes grew wide as he heard her scream. He immediately called the main deck.

"Captain?" 

"Glad you called Scotty, something just attacked us with a bomb!" Captain Kirk exclaimed. Scotty sighed.

"What is it?" Kirk asked.

"Sir, someone was over there, and I don't know if they are ok."

"No one goes back there, it's just where some of the medical and janitor stuff is.-"

"Sir, Cassandra's back there."