Chapter 21- Don't stop fighting

Cassandra woke with a start as she was yanked from the floor.

"Get up." One of the guards hissed. When she snapped open her eyes, the room was very blurry. Cassandra barely had time to figure out what was going on before she was dragged out of her cell. As the guards hauled her into a new room, Cassandra's eyes widened. The room wasn't like the others. It was filled with computers and electronics, completely the opposite of the rest of the castle.

"Is this our new test subject?" An alien beside the computer asked.

"Yes, but don't kill her, we need to test other things remember?"

"Oh right, I'll try not to."

Cassandra began to shake in fear at the alien's reply. They didn't speak in their native language one reason and one reason only.

To terrify her even more.

"She's all yours." The guard said as he gave the alien her chains. Cassandra sighed as she was guided to an area full of sharp objects and strange metal wands, varying in all shapes and colors. The cold metal cuffs wrapped around her wrists grew colder as she watched the alien link her chains to the ground.

"Lets begin shall we?" The alien commented as he choose a metal wand. Cassandra gulped.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sound of the metal door slamming into the clay walls echoed in Cassandra's ears. Her world was spinning as she leaned against the wall. Today was horrible for her. All day she felt the agonizing pain of electricity flowing through her as well as the needles pressing into her skin. Tomorrow would be sharp weapons. As she leaned on the wall, screams rang in her mind. The world was blurry and things began to take a different shape. The pile of rocks beside her looked like tribbles, but when she touched them, she felt the cold surface instead of fur. The door looked like a silver wall collapsing underneath the light brown color. She was hallucinating. Cassandra could hear her heart pounding in her ears, only the beats began to grow slower. Maybe she should just give up, just stop fighting. The Enterprise was probably safe now, she could rest knowing they were safe. She could go see her mom, go see her father, and finally rest.

"Don't give up. " Someone whispered beside her. As Cassandra turned her head, she saw a woman. Her hair was a light brown just like Cassandra's but it was curly. The woman had bright sea blue eyes and she looked like she was glowing. Cassandra could feel a warm touch wrap around her hand.

"I know you want to see us, but now isn't your time." The woman continued. "You have to keep fighting Cassandra."

"Why?" Cassandra asked. The realization that the woman was her mom made tears fill up her vision. She had seen the pictures her father let her hold and keep. It was the same woman. "I miss you. I want to go home..."

The woman looked like she had tears in her eyes as well. She smiled and shook her head.

"I miss you too, but your home isn't with us. Not yet." The woman chuckled. Cassandra frowned.

"Then where is it?" She asked.

"That I can't say. You have to find your own home."

"But what if I'm alone?"

"You won't be."

"How do you know?"

The woman smiled at her daughter as tears streamed down her face.

"Someone else wants to take care of you." The woman replied while cupping Cassandra's cheek. "They want to see you grow up bloom into a beautiful young lady."

Cassandra looked down at the ground and sighed.

"Promise me you'll fight, and wait for them."  The woman said as she picked Cassandra's head up lightly. "We will see each other again sweetheart. This isn't our final goodbye."

"Promise?" Cassandra asked. The woman nodded.

"Now do you promise?"

Cassandra nodded at her mother's question.

"I love you." Her mother said as her figure faded away.

"I love you too." Cassandra replied.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MedBay was as quiet as ever when Kirk entered. All you could here was the beeping of monitors and soft footsteps echoing from the nurses feet. Kirk could see Bones working at one of the counters with his head hung low.

"Come on." Kirk said while patting his back. Bones turned around and raised his eyebrow.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going after Cassandra." Kirk's reply made Bones' serious expression shatter. "Are you in?"

Bones thought about it for a moment. If they went on a shuttle alone, maybe they could rescue her without anyone else's lives at stake.  

Bones nodded.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Get her out of there!" One of the guards hissed. "The humans are back for her!"

"Where are they?" Another asked.

"Their ship has been here for a while. They are heading this way!"

"We have to kill the girl!" The leader ordered.

"None of the weapons are at full potential yet." The alien by the computers sighed. "If you use one, it'll just knock her out."

Their leader scowled. "Then drown her."