Chapter 17- Help

When Cassandra's vision grew dark after the light from the beam faded away, she found herself behind large trees. As she scanned her surroundings, she saw the shuttle Kirk and Spock had come in was circled by the strange creatures. Her eyes grew wide as she ducked out of sight. While she backed out of hearing range, she pulled out the device that could track the captain's communicator. One of the nurses gave it to her. She looked at it, then began to race towards the destination.

"Cassandra?" She heard Sulu's voice question from her communicator.

"Yeah?" She replied while pulling the device out.

"We can't get a clear signal on the three of you. You need to get them back aboard their shuttle. Even though we're being forced out of beaming range, we will try to do the best we can to get you all back aboard the ship safely." He ordered.

"Yes Sir." Cassandra answered before she shoved her communicator in her satchel containing medical supplies. Sweat began to build up on her forehead as she bolted. Her feet flew across the rugged terrain with ease. It reminded her of when she ran across the bumpy plains back in her hometown. It was bright over there though, with the fields colored gold and a sun yellow. Over here it was dark as night.She couldn't see anything on the ground. Tree trunks whizzed by her while the dark leaves brushed against her cheeks. A dark shadow perked up its head at the sound of Cassandra's footsteps thudding against the ground.

"Over here!" The shadow whispered. She knew that voice. It was the captain's. She pulled out her medical scanner as she ran to his side. Once her eyes got used to the darkness, she could faintly see Spock leaning against a tree. As she let the scanner hover above his gash, she frowned.

"We need to get him back to MedBay right now." She whispered as she pulled out bandages and disinfecting cloths. Kirk's eyes grew wide.

"Cassandra?" He questioned. She replied by putting her index finger to her lips. As she finished wrapping Spock's injury, Kirk began to help the first commander up.

"They can't beam us up. We'll need to get back to the shuttle and fly back." She sighed. Kirk frowned.

"Plus, the guards are surrounding it." She added.

"Why wouldn't they just blow it up?" Kirk questioned.

"Probably to save the technology to study."

As they began heading back to the shuttle in silence, Kirk's head was filled with plans to escape.

"I can distract them while you help Spock to the shuttle." She suggested. Kirk frowned.

"It's too dangerous." He replied.

"Well I can't exactly run as fast as you with a man on my shoulder."

The Captain frowned again. He knew she was right.

"Then use this." He replied while giving her his phaser. "I'll use Spock's."

Cassandra nodded and took the weapon. Once they could see their shuttle, Kirk and Cassandra kneeled down.

"The phaser is already set to stun." He reminded her. They had gone over the plan on the walk there. Cassandra would lead some of the creatures off in the woods while leaving her communicator on the other side of the shuttle for the rest of the guards to chase, then Kirk and Spock could board the ship quietly while the guards were distracted.

Cassandra gulped down her fear boiling in her heart and jumped out of the woods.

"HEY!" She screamed at the creatures, they immediately whipped their heads towards her. Their black eyes starred at her as she ran back in the woods. The creatures called to the other half of the group, then raced after her. While they chased her, she began to cry 'help' in her communicator. The rest of the creatures chased after the sound echoing in the other direction. Kirk smiled. The plan was working. Kirk helped Spock walk towards the entrance and opened the door without a sound. Once he got a hold of the controls and turned on the shuttle, he saw Cassandra running back. She ran for her life as the creatures followed close behind her.

"Come on!" Kirk yelled as he began to make the ship rise from the ground. Once she got close enough, she jumped up and barely made it through the doorway. If it hadn't been for Spock's help, she would of fallen out.

"Thank you." She said once she caught her breath as the shuttle began to rise from the ground. Once they were higher than the trees, Kirk sighed in relief.

"Kirk to Enterprise. We are now heading bac-"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's note: Hey you guys! I hoped you liked Chapter 17 :)

So, starting next week I won't be updating as much as I used to and I probably won't update until the weekends. School is coming up and that will take up A LOT of time :(

(Also, during the fall I probably won't update for a while, maybe on rare occasions, if I'm lucky.So Boarding Cassandra may be on hold until November.)