22. Son of a Beach

Tee hee... Title puns ;)

 Title puns ;)

Naruto's POV

"..... Why?" Hinata's voice broke the silence.

"N- nani?"

She bit her quivering lip and sank into the water. I watched as her hair fanned out then she reemerged to the surface, her hair over her face. Hinata swept it back and stood up in front of me.

"Why?" Pale lavender eyes pierced mine.

"Wh-why what?" I asked, even though I already knew.

"Why did you break us up? And don't give me that "I'm not good enough" shit." She said.

I sighed and sank into the water, Hinata following me. Only our heads were visible above the surface.

"Can we not do this here?"

"Then where?"

"I... Just not here."

"Then let's go inside Naruto. I want to know."

Hinata seemed so bold and different. I didn't know how to feel but I couldn't tell her about Tenten... Not yet.

"Hinata. Let's just enjoy today, ok? Can we fight another time?"

"I'm not trying to fight. I'm trying to get damn answers.....!"

"Dammit Hinata...! I'm trying, I'm trying to be your butler but I can't with you asking all of this...!" We kept our voices low but in a tone to where we knew we wanted to yell.

"I'm not asking you to be my butler...! I'm asking for the real reason you broke up with me...!"

"I've told you."

"Naruto... Do I look like I give a damn about what anyone thinks? Sure I have a social appearance, but what I do in my own privacy is... Mine." Hinata furrowed her eyebrows. "Can't you see... I lo--"

"Don't."

I pressed a finger against her lips, stopping her words. She took my hand from her mouth and held it with both of hers.

"Naruto... I love you." A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Hinata... I.....I can't..." I placed my other hand on top of hers.

"Why can't you tell me? What's so wrong with me?" A few more tears ran down her face.

"Nothing! Hinata, nothing is wrong with you." I cupped her face in my hands, my back blocking us from Neji.

"It's just... Y-you seem like you love me... But you don't want me. I don't understand it."

Her lavender eyes were glazed over with tears as were my blue ones. She lifted her hand out of the water and brushed my cheek.