23. The Reason Why

So by the pic you know who this chap about. Pls don't hate on her too much, thanks. And this is filled with flashbacks, you'll see ~ when it is.

 And this is filled with flashbacks, you'll see ~ when it is

Tenten's POV

The beautiful things must stay beautiful.

He saved me from the horrible abuse I suffered. My father would rape and beat my mother... He would beat me when she wasn't enough. I'm thankful that he never raped me, but still.

My mother finally got away from him when I was nine. We returned to Konohagakure, where I was born. We had moved to Sunagakure when my father got a job promotion.

I was glad to leave that retched man but sad to leave my friends. Temari was the name of my best friend there. She always was there for me and even told her father about it. He was the village mayor but he never listened to her.

Now at the age of 10 was when I met Neji, the love of my life. I trusted him automatically. I never trusted anyone but there was something about him.

After knowing him a month, I spilled everything to him. I was so young and naive. I thought he would consider me weak, I mean at the ripe age of 10, Neji was already so judgemental.

But to my surprise... He swore to protect me.

~
"Tenten... I'm so sorry that happened to you."

I was crying, I just spilled my life to a boy I only met a month ago.

"Y- you doing n-need to say that..." I sniffled.

"No Tenten... I pwomise."

He had a slight lisp at the time, it was extremely adorable.

"Nothing will happen to you like that as long as I'm around. I swear it, ok?"
~

That's the conversation that changed my life.

Over time we had gotten closer and closer. I had a gigantic crush on him but never in a million years did I think that he thought about me the same way.

When we were twelve he invited me to study at his house, or really... The Hyuga Compound.

On that day is when I met Hinata Hyuga. She was so shy it took time for us to form the bond we have today... The one I ruined.

I guess I made a pretty dick move with telling Naruto to break up with Hinata. But the thing is... Neji always told me how things would change once Hinata and Sasuke were married.

He said...

~~
"When Hinata and Sasuke are married... We'll plan our wedding."

"W-wedding?" I stammered.

"Yeah... Tenten, I'd like to marry you one day." He smiled at me.

"Are you.... Proposing?"