16. I'm Sorry...

Hinata's POV

Christmas was yesterday and tomorrow is my birthday. It was hectic yesterday with the gift exchanging. I had given Naruto a watch and he gave me a purple jeweled hair clip.

The rest of my presents didn't matter to me, his was the most beautiful. But of course I had to acknowledge the other gifts.

I got dressed in my denim shorts and a white t-shirt. I put my hair up using the clip and slid on my tan sandals.

"Ohayo Hinata." Sakura emerged from the restroom fully dressed in a pink sundress and yellow sandals.

"Ohayo. You seem to be enjoying yourself on the trip eh?" I smiled at her.

"Yes I am. Thanks for bringing me."

"Well I wanted Sasuke to have some time with you plus... You're my friend."

"Ohayo!" Naruto and Sasuke burst through the door.

"We could've been changing!" Sakura yelled.

"Ah but you weren't." Sasuke kissed her.

Naruto walked over to me and gave me a kiss as well. It wasn't the usual kiss he had given me in the past but at least it was contact.

"Let's go eat breakfast." Naruto suggested.

We walked to the little cafe on the first floor. Tenten, Neji and Hanabi were seated in the cafe.

"Hinata! Come sit with us!" Hanabi called.

Oh no....

"Sure..."

I sat next to Hanabi and Tenten, Sakura sat next to me and Sasuke and Naruto sat next to Neji.

"Have you been enjoying your stay Lady Hinata?" Neji asked.

"Yup. I can't wait for tomorrow."

"Well it's still a surprise." Tenten smiled.

"I know, I wanna see what you bakas have planned."

"Let's order." Hanabi said.

After we ate our tropical themed breakfast, Naruto and I went up to my room since the others were planning my surprise birthday party.

"What cha wanna do?" I asked as I squeezed Naruto's hand slightly.

"Whatever you want." Was his response. He stared at the ground with his eyes drooping

He hasn't made eye contact with me all day... What the hell is wrong with him?!

"I wanna cuddle until we're caught." I smiled sheepishly.

He smiled slightly then nodded slowly, his eyes still glued on the floor. I laid back onto the bed and he followed suit.

Instead of me laying in his arms, he jumped at the chance to be in mine. Naruto's blonde head rested on my bust and his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. My face was glowing red from his hot breath on my exposed, sensitive skin.

"I'm sorry Hinata... I'm so sorry." I heard him whisper, his voice hoarse as if he was holding back tears.

"For what?"

"Everything. Everything, everything, everything.... I'm just so sorry about it all." He squeezed my waist tightly.

"Naruto... It's ok. You haven't done anything wrong." I ran my fingers through his golden hair.

"It's all wrong Hinata.. I'm sorry."

Where is this coming from?

"Honey? What's wrong?" I asked as I kissed the top of his head.