20. New Year's Kiss

Hinata's POV

Hinata's POV

"You look so beautiful!" Sakura squealed... Again.

I turned to look in the mirror and smiled at my appearance.

My makeup consisted of white eye-shadow fading into a violet, with a line of eyeliner and a few coats of mascara. My lipstick almost matched Sakura's hair, it was only a shade darker.

She left my hair loose but straighted it out. I already put my dress on.

"You look awesome too."

Sakura's eyelids were stained a blueish-gray with a little eye liner and her lips were a rose pink. Her hair was in a bun but her bangs were still on either side of her face.

"I know." She put on a cheeky smile and smoothed her dress out. "Let's go downstairs."

"I wanna wait."

"Why? We're already late." She frowned.

"Just until more people gather down there." I peered out of the window to see only a small group of people.

"But Hinata!"

"You can go Sakura, I just wanna wait."

"*sigh* I'll wait with you." Sakura slid off her silver heels.

"Arigato."

Naruto's POV

"You look good." Sasuke said.

"I should've just worn the butler suit." I groaned.

"You're not the only one that's wearing a white tux. Plus Hiashi said you could wear it."

"Hinata picked it out." I sighed.

"And I assume this is---"

"Give me that!"

I snatched the bow tie out from his hands.

"Geez calm down dobe. Hinata gave it to you, right?"

"Yeah... How did you know?"

"Well no one has a purple tie with a white tux. You gonna wear it?"

"I mean--"

"You should. You still love Hinata, I mean you just told me that." He cut me off with logic.

"*sigh* Hinata.... She probably isn't even wearing the dress."

I still looped the tie around my neck and tied it into a neat bow.

"I assure you she is." He patted my back. "Let's head down."

"Hai."

We headed down onto the paddock to see the sky painted with florescent colors and a few stars on the opposite side of the sky. A large number of people were already gathered and dancing.