-Chapter 30- Free at last [FINAL]

E L S A

{24 hours earlier}

"Where am I?" I mumbled while I pushed my way through the crowd. I had no idea in which part of New York I had ended up. I didn't know the way back to the school, I was lost. My stomach started to make noises. I hadn't eaten anything and it was almost lunchtime. I tried to ignore my stomach, I didn't have any money with me. Then steal.

My own thoughts started to scare me but I was hungry and lost. I continued to walk but when my stomach continued making noises, louder each time, my decision was final. I'm going to steal something.

I searched for a more quiet place, with all those people walking around I could get caught easily. I found a small grocery shop near a maze of alleyways. I went inside and tried to stay unnoticed. I grabbed a plastic bag and put a few apples in them. I quietly made my way towards the exit again and when I thought I was safe again..

"Hey! You forgot to pay!" A lady, apparantly the shop owner, exclaimed.

I gasped and without thinking clearly I made a run for it. I ran into the maze of alleyways, not looking behind. After a while I was exhausted, I stopped and panted while little drops of sweat were on my forehead. It was summer and physical activities like this weren't a great idea with this kind of heat.

I looked up and saw a dumpster, I felt dizzy in all of a sudden. Suddenly it was cold, the sunny weather had changed. I was in a different alley, looking at a dumpster. A guy sat on top of it. He was dressed in a dark blue hoodie and worn out brown pants. He had the hood over his head which covered his wind blown white hair. Jack..

Then I heard footsteps, I looked into the direction where the footsteps came from and I saw...myself.

I threw a plastic bag filled with apples towards him. He startled when the bag landed onto his lap.

''Last time I saw you, you told me to stay out of trouble. Looks like you're the one who's been trying to get himself into some serious trouble.'' I said while I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms.

''Don't give me that look. Besides, I've never been caught.'' he muttered and he looked down again.

''I said 'trying' to get into some serious trouble. Anyway, you seem down. Is there something I can do to help? I still owe you.'' I asked him while I sat down on the dumpster next to him.

''You got me the apples, you don't owe me anything. And I feel fine.''

''No, you don't. Why did you run off like that without your heist? You seemed determined to steal them.''

''Look, you are the first person to think I'm a good person, you were so grateful when I did a simple thing to help you. And now I messed up in front of that person.'' He said while he pulled his hood off and faced me.

Then I opened my eyes and felt the warmth of the sun again. I had taken support from the dumpster. "Was that a memory?" I muttered while I felt confused. I thought I stopped getting them. I opened the plastic bag and got one of the apples out. I took a big bite and enjoyed the sweetness of the fruit. An apple usually wouldn't fill me up but at that point I was so hungry that anything would fill.

After I ate two apples I started to explore the alleyways. I wanted to know where they would lead me. I started to walk. The alleys were very dirty, I had to step over garbage bags quite a few times. I yelped when a rat ran away when I passed his hiding spot. Things were painted on the walls, and I seemed to recognize them.

"I have been here before." I mumbled.
Suddenly, it was dark. Rain was pouring down on me. I was in the same alleyway. I heard footsteps and quickly looked behind me. I saw a tall man with black hair and dressed in black clothes. It was the man from my dream, the dream that I had when I came home from the hospital. He was carrying someone over his shoulder.