-Chapter 5- A Long Night

Jack's POV

''Promise me you'll be careful?'' Elsa asked strictly, we were in a couple of bushes just across the street from the museum. I would hide Elsa here and come back after I got the boy out and Elsa and I would help him to escape from Pitch's gang.

''I promise, Els.'' I chuckled.

''No stupid stunts?''

''No stupid stunts, I promise.''

''And also- ''

''Elsa, I'll be fine.'' I laughed while messing up her hair.

''I'm just worried that you will get caught by that creep.'' She sighed.

''I won't. Please keep watch for me and warn me somehow if Pitch comes near?''

''I will, now go before I change my mind and drag you back here.'' She said.

With that, I speeded off towards the museum. I got in from the backdoor because that one was easier to unlock and I wouldn't get noticed. I pulled my hood over my head and my hair fell over my eyes a bit. No one would notice me. I quietly sneaked through the long corridors searching for the boy Pitch just sent here. I need to help him escape or else he will never see his home and family again and he will have a not so bright future ahead of him filled with crimes. I don't want that to happen to these kids.

I jumped a little when I almost walked through a laser beam that secured the corridor. I let out a groan when I had to get down on my stomach and crawl my way through underneath the laser beams. I hoped that kid was smart enough to take down the security cameras or they'll notice him, they won't notice me.

I sighed in relief when I could stand again, I had to act more careful. I almost walked through a laser beam. When I continued to walk through the corridor I heard someone breathing heavily, I followed the sound which eventually leaded me to a boy. He seemed confused and he didn't know which way he had to go. I chuckled a bit, shall I mess a bit with his head? I deserve a little fun, don't I?

''Ay mate, what are you doing here? I was here first.'' I said in a low voice, I had some trouble with keeping a straight face when he faced me. I got him even more confused. Okay, no Jack stop it. Get the poor thing out already.

''A-are you a thief too?'' He asked.

''Nope, are you?'' I chuckled.

''I-I don't know.''

''You aren't. You belong to that gang of Pitch Black, right?'' I asked him.

''Yes, the boogeymen. What do you want, anyway?''

''What do I want? I'm here to save your ass, mate.'' I chuckled.

''Y-you are?'' he asked and his face lightened up immediately.

''Yes, now what's your name? I'm Jack.''

''My name is Jim, Jim Hawkins.'' He introduced himself. At that moment I heard distant voices speaking. Crap, security guards. Jim was about to open his mouth again but I quickly covered it.

''Shush! Guards!'' I whisper/yelled at him. His eyes widened. I pushed him in front of me and I told him to run. I was right, flashlights were inspecting the corridor. I had some trouble to keep quiet and avoid the flashlights. Jim and I quickly crawled our way under the laser beams through and after that we quickly ran out of the museum.

''That was close, man!'' Jim panted while we ran outside.

''Phew! I've been through worse.'' I mumbled.

''Where are we going?''

''To Elsa, then we get you home.'' I said before he could ask who Elsa was I dragged him into the bushes and I went straight to Elsa.