-Chapter 11- Pretending

E L S A

The next day of school felt very odd with Jack being there. He had most of my classes. He got introduced as Jackson Overland. I have to admit that he looks handsome with his decent clothes and his friendly brown eyes. But somehow I like him better with the old worn out hoodie and his own enchanting cyan blue eyes. His hair was of course more natural looking, his own hair color would make people question things. Why did I never look weirdly at his natural shade? Argh, stop thinking Elsa. He's passing you!

Jack got seated at the back of the class while I was sitting in the center. I tried not to exchange glances with Jack when he passed me but I failed. We both failed. We had to pretend like we didn't know each other. But I couldn't resist looking up at him, when I did he was already looking down at me. He gave me a small smile. I hope no one noticed that.

"He was totally checking you out!"

Crap. Why, Astrid?

"No, he wasn't." I whispered while my cheeks flushed a bit.

"Oh, he totally was sister!" Astrid nudged my arm.

"Whatever." I chuckled and I started to scribble down some notes, I ended up doodling instead of paying attention. When I took a glance at Astrid I saw that she was trying to draw a dragon. One minute she's all girly and talking about boys, the next she's one of the biggest tomboys I know. Besides Merida of course.

In lunchbreak I really had the urge to talk to Jack. Walking past him all day and pretending that I didn't see him was difficult. I saw that Anna was already sitting with girls from her grade. She usually sits with me. Oh, today is Tuesday. That's why she's avoiding me. I have to tutor her in math after school. Ha! I'm going to pain that little brain of her real good if she thinks she can avoid me just like that.

My attention went to Jack when he entered the cafeteria, not only my attention but also that of a ton of other girls. A new guy in school is always interesting of course. How am I going to talk to him? I glanced down at the book in my hands. Idea!

I walked in Jack's direction, pretending not to look at him. And when I passed him I 'accidentally' dropped the book I was holding. As the gentleman that Jack is, he kneeled down next to me.

"Follow me outside." I whispered and then we exchanged friendly smiles like we had just helped out one another. Oh man, we are such good actors.

I found a big tree outside next to the field we had P.E. class. No one came here during lunch break, sometimes a janitor would pass by or Mr. Lee, our P.E. teacher.

I sat down and I placed my back against the tree. A couple of minutes later Jack appeared and he sat down next to me.

"Here, I grabbed us a sandwich." Jack said and he handed me a sandwich. I gladly accepted it, I was quite hungry since Anna burned our breakfast again this morning and I overslept so we didn't have time to eat.

"You sure are some getting used to Jackson." I teased.

"I know right? Don't I look handsome?"

"Stop it." I laughed.

"So, have you seen Pitch already?" I asked and I took a bite of my sandwich.

"No, but I'm going out to look for him after school." Jack said.

"Are you going to take your classes seriously?" I asked.

"Yes. Els, I want a future. I don't want to stay that street boy forever. Getting a highschool diploma will give me a start." Jack said.

"I'm proud of you Jack." I whispered while I patted his cheek. His cheeks flushed a bit which made him look adorable. "But hey, do you mind if I tag along? When you go to look for Pitch?"

"What? Elsa, it's too dangerous!" Jack's soft expression changed to a very concerned one.

"Jack, a look won't hurt." I tried to convince him.

"Okay..fine."

"Elsa, where are you going?" Anna asked when she noticed that I had changed into some casual clothes instead of the uniform. "Are you going out?"

"Jack and I are just going to take a look to see if Pitch's gang is close." I said.

"What about my math tutoring?"

"Oh, and I thought you were trying to avoid me because of that." I chuckled while I searched for my coat.

"Well, I was but during math class I realized that I really really need help because I had no idea where Mrs. Belle was talking about."

"Okay, how about you make a couple of assignments from the book then I will check them with you when I come back." I suggested as I was making my way towards the door.

"But I can't!" She whined.

"Just try!" I quickly made my way outside our dorm. Jack and I would meet up by the big tree. We would start searching in the allies , that's where they were seen mostly in Burgess.

P I T C H (very requested xD)

I hear running in the corridors of the old fish factory. Our new hide out. The door to my office swung open and those so called followers or mine ran inside, breathing heavily.

"What?!" I demanded to know what they were doing here, they must have a good reason.

"We just saw a very familiar girl, we also saw her in Burgess." One of those morons told me.

"So? Why should I care? Why didn't you catch her back then?" I asked.

"She managed to get away. She's fast."

"Uh, that's a quality that I like. I want her in my group, she probably has more brains than you idiots too and we definitly need that. Tell me more." I said while I was playing with a pen that randomly layed there.

"She has long platinum blonde hair and very bright blue eyes, easy to notice."

"I will get her myself next time. Now dissapear! I can't bear to look at you any longer." I hissed.

"Yes, master." They said in unison and they dissapeared.

Platinum blonde hair and bright eyes? Fast? That reminds me of Frost. He would've been a great member of my group but he refused every time I politely offered him everything. In my group he would have money, a roof above his head and food. Not only that, he would've made a very good burglar. He could've had everything his little heart desired. But the fool kept refusing. He dreamed of an 'honest' future with a job and a family. Ugh, I hate that, wonder, hope and dreams. There's no such thing.

If you want to reach something in your life you have to do it yourself. Hope and dreams is not going to get you there. He will realize that one day and he will come crawling back to me.

For now, I hope we catch that girl soon.

A/N: I apologize for the short chapter but I wanted to updated before I left for Spain. It's night time here and we'll be leaving in a couple of hours. Tomorrow we will be in France where we stay in a hotel for the night and Saturday we will be in Spain! I'll probably post a photo on my next update of this book :)

For now adios!

-Amy :)