-Chapter 23- Sudden Dissappearance

H A N S

I angrily walked inside the fish factory, I was embarrassed. Those two idiots, Hiccup and Frost, managed to escape. I'm not going to tell anyone, ofcourse.

"Where's Pitch?" I asked a random gangmember. Probably a newbie because I had never seen him before.

"He just came in, I can get him for you if you want." he replied. He was too polite, definitely a newbie.

"What are you waiting for? Go get him!" I snapped at him. He was a bit startled by my reaction but he quickly went to get Pitch.

After a short time of waiting, Pitch appeared.

"What have you been up to? I haven't seen you all night. I'm not paying you to do nothing! When was your last robbery?" Pitch complained. I sighed, he wasn't easy to deal with whenever he was sober.

"I have been doing something useful, I have been following Frost around." I said.

"Hmpf, spying on Frost. You call that useful?"

"No, listen. We really need to talk about him. He still has contact with that girl."

"That blonde?" Pitch raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, yes. His girlfriend. I saw them on the cemetery together after her parents funeral." I took out my phone and showed him a few pictures which I took while they were reuniting. I didn't take pictures of them arguing ofcourse. I made it seem as if they hadn't lost touch ever since Jack joined the gang.

"I think he has never kept the deal you made with him when he first joined." I said while Pitch scrolled through the pictures.

"How did her parents die?" Pitch asked out of the blue.

"That was my way of trying to scare her off, I didn't want to involve you since Jack is a good and useful member of the gang but he left me no choice." I explained.

"I like the way your brain works but next time inform me before you pull stunts like this. About our problem, leave it to me. I will make sure to put an end to all of this." Pitch said and he handed me my phone back.

"Ofcourse," I said.

"Your job is to figure out where she is right now." Pitch commanded while he put a cigar between his lips.

"I already found out. Elsa and her sister are returning from Philadelphia, they will be in their student dorm by tomorrow." I said.

"Good." Pitch nodded and he left.

H I C C U P

"So tell me." I teased him.

"Tell you what?" Jack asked while he sat down on the couch after he had gotten two soda cans from the refridgerator.

"How you and Elsa met." I chuckled, it was still hard to think of them as a couple.

"Oh, you don't want to hear that." Jack chuckled and looked away.

"No, I do!" I said.

"Okay, okay. It all started in January, right after christmas break. Before I joined the gang I was homeless, a streetboy call it whatever you like. Not that the gang is my home but...she's my home." He said, a wide smile grew across his face when he started to talk about her.

"Anyway, I was against the gang. I still am but back then I used to help out a lot of their victims. One day, on a cold winterday in Burgess. I was sitting on a low rooftop when suddenly I heard loud panting, I looked down and I saw a blonde girl. She was in panic, she was being followed by two gangmembers. They were chasing her. I jumped down infront of her and I hid her, the result was me getting a few punches from the gangmembers but all I could think of was her safety. For me it was love at first sight, I'm pretty sure it wasn't for her." he laughed and I laughed along with him.