-Chapter 12- Best Feeling Ever

J A C K

"C'mon! R-run! We g-gotta go! ...E-Els!" I panted while I dragged Elsa through the alleys.

"Slow down!" Elsa laughed.

"Seriously? W-w-why are you laughing?" I asked dumbfounded. We just managed to get away from Pitch's followers and now she's laughing? I started to cough while catching my breath.

"Woah, you alright? Jack?" She grinned and patted my back.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked again when I could breathe normally again. I couldn't help but smile when I looked at her adorable red cheeks.

"Your face and the way you acted was just priceless." She chuckled.

"We were chased, I ran away. People do that when they're getting chased." I reasoned.

"I know, Jack. You just kept saying my name which was adorable." She smiled at me and she ruffled my brown hair. "We've got to go back. I promised to help Anna with her math homework." Elsa said while she started to walk away.

"Can Anna wait a little longer?" I blurted out.

"Maybe. Why do you ask?" Elsa looked surprised.

"I want to show you something!" My response came out way more excited than I expected it to be. Being with her just made me excited.

I took Elsa's hand and we strolled towards Central Park. It started to get dark and there was a nice evening breeze. Elsa rested her head on my shoulder while we were walking, I looked down at her and smiled. Even though we are just friends, she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Ever since she came into my life, my life has only gotten better. Here I am, walking on the sidewalks of New York City.

When we arrived in Central Park I stopped infront of a small icecream shop.

"I bet you like icecream." I said.

"Love it!" Elsa smiled.

"Well, great because I work here now." I smiled.

"What? When did you apply for the job?" Elsa asked.

"Yesterday. Sandy, my roommate works here and they really needed someone extra." I explained.

"What are your working days?"

"A couple of afternoons after school and the weekends. C'mon, Sandy is here now." I said and I led Elsa inside.
Sandy was behind the counter and he greeted me when I walked in.

"Hey man! So which flavor do you want, Els?" I asked Elsa when I looked at the all the flavors.

"Chocolate," she said without bothering to look at the amount of different flavors.

"What will it be?" Sandy asked.

"One chocolate and one mint chocolate chip." I said while I started to get out my wallet.

"No need, Jackson. I'll do it on the house since it's your first day tomorrow." Sandy said while he handed Elsa her icecream.

"Here you go." He said while he handed me my icecream. "See you!"

We said our goodbyes to Sandy and left the small shop. When we left the shop Elsa flew at me and pulled me in for a hug. Well, it was hard because we were both holding our icecreams.

"You've got a job! You've got an actual job! I'm so proud of you! I could kiss you!" She exclaimed happily but then she realized what she said and slammed her hand infront of her mouth.

"I-I mean...I-I," she stuttered while her cheeks heated up and she awkwardly looked down.

I hushed her and leaned in, I pressed my lips against hers. She let out a small muffled noise, she was confused but I felt how she relaxed and responded to my kiss. She placed her free hand behind my neck and deepend the kiss. I placed my hand on her back. It was the greatest feeling ever. The feeling was mutual, I should've known it. Only I was too scared to take the first step.