-Chapter 28- Unfair

E L S A

I felt absolutely hopeless, it had been weeks since I had the nightmare which was my last memory. I hadn't gained a single one since. I decided to go back to school, Anna insisted that I stayed home but I figured I was already behind on a lot of tests and that managed to convince her.

I sat on the edge of my bed as I watched the minutes slowly passing on the alarm clock. It was 6:24 in the morning, school started at 8:35. Which meant I could sleep for atleast another hour. But I just couldn't. I decided to go to the kitchen and make myself a nice cup of tea.

When I got out of the small corridor I was in the livingroom, I saw Jack sleeping on the couch. His blanket had fallen to the floor but he didn't seem to mind as he slept peacefully. He smiled a little while he slept and I couldn't help but smile a little. That smile soon faded into a frown, I hadn't gained a single memory about him. Which made things pretty messed up. How are we supposed to keep this relationship going? Suddenly he yawned loudly and stretched himself. One of his eyes popped open while he sat up and he caught he staring.

"Morning, Sunshine." he said with his sleepy voice while he rubbed his eyes. I ignored his comment and walked into the kitchen. I got the teapot and filled it with water and I let it boil. Jack came towards the kitchen as well and leaned on the counter.

"You're up early. Something up?" he asked.

"No," I said while my back faced him. "I just want to go back to school."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure." I said while I poured the hot water into a cup and put a teabag in it.

"Are you ignoring me?" he suddenly asked. I could hear that he was hurt. He was right, though. I hadn't faced him once. I sighed and finally faced him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "But I can't do this anymore."

"Elsa, please don't do this." Jack whispered.

"We can't keep denying the truth. We can't be in a relationship right now, we can't pretend nothing happened. I don't know you." I said, it came out more harsh than I intended to. "It's best if we go on a break." I whispered while I looked away, not wanting to see his reaction.

He remained silent, after a long tense silence he said "If you ever get your memories back, you'll know where I'll be." he said, grabbed his hoodie off the couch and pulled it over his head and he left.

I sighed. Why can't I be sad about this? Isn't that what you're supposed to be after a break up? Sad? Heartbroken? Why can't I feel?

The door of Anna's room opened and she walked into the kitchen. She stopped when she saw an empty couch. "Where's Jack?" she asked worriedly.

"He left." I said.

"What? Why? Did you guys have a fight?" Anna asked.

"No, we had nothing. That's exactly the reason why we broke up."

"No! You have nothing. You meant the world to him! You should've seen him while you were unconscious, sitting next to you all night. Holding your hand, checking your tempreture, kissing your forehead. And when you had that nightmare he was there to comfort you!" she said angrily.

"What are you trying to say?!" I exclaimed.

"That it was unfair of you to shove him off like that. He tried really hard for you. I never thought you'd be that kind of person." Anna said.

"It is unfair of you to keep comparing me to 'the Elsa' , I barely know who I am or who I was. And you can't force to stay in a relationship either. It's my life!" I snapped. I expected her to go into defense but she remained silent and sighed deeply. She looked down for a moment and then back at me.