-Chapter 29- Found

R A P U N Z E L

"You haven't found her yet?" Anna asked worriedly. We had been searching for Elsa since lunchbreak and before we knew it was already midnight.

"No! Eugene and I searched everywhere. Eugene eventually went home because he was tired." I sighed.

"It's like searchin' for a needle in a haystack . Ye know how big New York is, lass?" Merida said.

"That really makes me feel better, Mer. Thanks." Anna sarcastically said. "It is because of me. She is right, I didn't have the right to argue about her relationship."

"No, it's not and we have got to keep searching!" I said.

"Shouldn't we call the police?" Anna asked.

"Those wee lambs know nothin'!" Merida said in annoyance.

"Let's just head out one more time." I said and grabbed my carkeys.

"Fine, but I'm calling the police if we don't find anything." Anna muttered.

"Why don't ye stay in, Punz? Incase she comes back! Besides ye have been out all night searchin' for er." Merida suggested.

"She's right. Give her the carkeys." Anna said.

"What? She's the most reckless driver ever!" I exclaimed.

"Ay am not! Ay think ye're overreactin' a wee bit. Ay will be careful, Ay promise." Merida said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Call me if you find anything!" I said but the two were already gone.

J A C K

"Where were you headed, again?" The driver asked me.

"To Burgess." I said while I stared out of the window. There wasn't much to see, it was pitch black outside. The rain was pouring down making it difficult to see clearly through the windows. Not many people were out at this hour of night and in this type of weather. We were driving slowly through the streets of New York.

After thinking things through I decided I'd be best if I went back to Burgess. It didn't seem like Elsa would ever gain her memories back, her progress just seemed to stop. It made her very upset, every day she seemed to struggle more with it. I tried my best to be there for her but she kept pushing me away. She didn't leave me a choice. It broke my heart to leave her behind. But if that's what makes her happy...

I tried to think about random things but my mind kept wandering back to her bright blue eyes and her breathtaking smile that I hadn't seen in a long time, too long. My heart ached seeing her suffer and it eventually broke when she told me they was no point in trying to keep us working.

I sniffed a bit and wiped away a tear that rolled down my cheek. The taxi driver glanced weirdly at me in his mirror.

I tried to chuckle it off while I wiped away the tears that kept coming.

My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Jack speaking,"

"Jack! Where are you? I heard that you left." I recognized Punzie's voice on the other side of the line.

"I did. I'm on my way to Burgess." I said.

"Oh. I called to say that Elsa is missing." She said in a whisper. However, I heard every word loud and clear and worry started to overflow me.

"What?! For how long?" I exclaimed while my heart started to beat like crazy.

"Since this morning. I secretly hoped she'd be with you." Punzie said.