Go To Hell, For Heaven's Sake

AN: The external link is a trailer I made for this fan fiction. 

Song: What If by GOLDHOUSE

Chelsea

I walked into my chemistry on the first day of school and sat down at an empty lab table. I surveyed the scene and came to the conclusion that I was the only sophomore, which made me very happy. At my school, sophomores got to choose between chemistry and biology for science and then we had to take the one we didn't pick junior year. Almost everyone picked biology first, which was the reason I had decided to take chemistry first. I absolutely loathed everyone in my grade. They all called me "emo." I had long black hair, which was dyed, and brown eyes. I usually wore all black unless I was wearing a band t-shirt. I liked music that not many people had heard of. I also had a nose ring in my left nostril and was planning on getting my first tattoo the day I turned 18. All of this combined with the fact that I had scars on my wrists made my classmates pick on me.

I pulled out a book from my messenger bag and opened it up. I was into those sappy love stories. It didn't quite go with my look, but I liked to think that maybe one day I'd find someone who loved me the way the guy in the book always loved the girl and I wouldn't be alone anymore.

Suddenly, someone sat down next to me. I looked up to see a guy with messy dark hair, brown eyes with a bit of eyeliner around them, and a lip piercing. He had on black skinny jeans and a Misfits t-shirt. I personally loved The Misfits.

"Was someone sitting here?" he questioned when he saw me look at him. I just shook my head. I had never seen this guy before, so I was guessing he was junior. I quickly went back to my book. Why the fuck did this guy have to sit with me? Didn't he have someone else to sit with instead of bothering me?

"I'm Oliver, by the way," he told me. I didn't even glance up from my book. I could honestly careless who he was. I was just hoping he would leave me alone so I could finish this chapter before the bell rang.

"Whatcha reading?" he asked. God, he was really being annoying. He suddenly picked up my book and looked at the cover.

"Hey! I was reading that!" I exclaimed as the words were ripped out from under me. I couldn't believe he had really just done that. Taking a book away from me was like taking water away from a fish. I needed to read those words to escape all the bullshit of high school; to feel ok. It was either music or reading, but since electronic devices weren't allowed in class and I wasn't really the kind of kid to break the rules, I settled on reading in class.

"Oh, Nicolas Sparks!" he exclaimed. He seemed to be shocked. I guess he wasn't expecting me, Miss Dark-And-Depressing, to be reading such a girly book. Nicolas Sparks was one of my favorite authors, to be honest.

Thankfully the teacher entered the room and introduced himself as Mr. Field. The distraction gave me the chance to rip my book out of Oliver's hands. Mr. Field told us since it was the first day of school, we'd just be introducing ourselves. As much as I hated public speaking, I would much rather have to speak for a few minutes than have to do work.

"Just say your name, what grade your in, and what your interests are," Mr. Field told us after writing his name on the board. I took a deep breath knowing that I would be one of the first because my last name is Allister and he was going down the class list alphabetically.

Turned out I was second. "Chelsea," Mr. Field announced, looking around the room. I raised my hand slightly and took another deep breath.

"I'm Chelsea Allister. I'm a sophomore. I like reading and listening to music," I announced to the class quickly. Happy to be done, I looked back down and discreetly finished my chapter. I couldn't care less about everyone else in the class. Well, besides the one person.

The next time I looked up was when Mr. Field announced Oliver's name. If this wanker had to sit next to me, I felt I had the right to know more about him. "I'm Oliver Sykes. I'm a junior and I like music," he responded simply. To be honest, he kind of reminded me of myself. He seemed like he was putting on this air to make people believe that he was ok, but there was something in those eyes that told me otherwise. Only someone who felt the same or knew him really well would probably be able to tell, though.

Soon the bell rang and I pulled out my schedule to see where I was off to next. Math. I let out a groan. Really, the only classes I liked were English and my electives, which were vocal workshop and creative writing. I wanted to be a writer when I got out of this place.

I started to walk towards A-wing, which was where the math classes were, when someone started walking next to me. The person was standing much closer to me than he needed to be. I looked over to see Oliver walking with me. I let out a sigh.

"What do you want?" I questioned obviously annoyed. I didn't stop walking, though. They only gave us three minutes between classes and I didn't want to be late. I might hate math, but I hated walking into a classroom after the teacher's already started much more.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously. I rolled my eyes. Why did he care? Couldn't leave me alone?

"Math class," I replied in an agitated tone. I really just wished he would leave me alone. Couldn't he take a hint?

Oliver

As soon as I walked into my first period chem class, I looked around to see who was in the class or, more accurately, who was going to put me down for the rest of the school year. Instead of seeing everyone I hated, I saw a girl I had never seen before. She was beautiful. She had long black hair, brown eyes, and a nose ring. She had on a Linkin Park shirt, which was one of my favorite bands, black skinny jeans, tons of bracelets, and black combat boots. Her nose was buried in a book and she looked like she was trying to ignore the rest of the world. I liked her already. I sat down next to her and she gave me a look. She didn't seem to want to be bothered, but she looked so lonely that I had to talk to her.

"Was someone sitting here?" I asked, hoping she would say no. She just shook her head and I put my bag on the table. I was hoping she wasn't going to be reading that book the whole class because I really wanted to talk to her.

"I'm Oliver, by the way," I said, introducing myself. She didn't even flinch when I talked. She was really into that book, so into it that I felt like I was having a conversation with myself.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked, suddenly interested. I pulled the book out of her hands and examined the cover.

"Hey! I was reading that!" she yelled at me. I didn't mean to make her mad. I was just curious. She desperately tried to grab it back but it was no use. She was too far away from me.

"Oh, Nicolas Sparks," I said a bit sarcastically. I had never thought a girl like her would be into all that romantic stuff, but I kind of liked it. It showed she had a sweet side under all that black.

Suddenly the door opened and the teacher walked in, distracting me long enough so she could grab the book back from me. She continued to read even after the teacher started talking, but he didn't seem to realize. He wrote Mr. Field on the board and introduced himself to the class. He then told us to introduce ourselves to everyone else and he went down the list. The girl next to me was second. Her name was Chelsea Allister and she was a sophomore, which explained why I hadn't seen her before today, and she like to read, if it wasn't obvious, and listen to music. I had this urge to ask her what music she liked, but I obviously couldn't in front of the class.

I saw her glance up when the teacher called my name like she couldn't wait to find out more about me. I smirked. I took this as a good sign. She must not hate me too much if she wanted to get to know me.

After the bell rang, she made a beeline for the door and started heading towards A-wing. I quickly caught up with her. She was pretty short compared to me. She was probably about 5'5 while I towered over her at roughly six feet.

"What do you want?" she asked rudely. She just kept walking liked she had more important things to do with her life and couldn't be bothered with me.

"Where are you going?" I questioned. It was the first thing that popped into my head. I was always bad at talking to people, especially girls.

"Math class," she answered. She didn't look at me but I could tell by her tone that she was annoyed. 

If she wanted to play hard to get, then that's the game we'd play.