Conversations

Riley's POV
"Riley!" The small figure in front of me screams and jumps into my lap. I catch her and she wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck, holding me close.
"Poppy! What are you doing here?" I ask, still holding James's sister in my arms.
"I missed you! You didn't come to see me in such a long time... Like a million days!" She answered, now looking at me while pouting.
I smile a bit at her reply but I actually feel a bit sad. I loved Poppy she was adorable and since I broke up with James I never saw her again (the reasons are obvious). It makes me sad to know that she doesn't really understand what happened.
"Oh, wait! Are you here alone? How did you get here? OMG Poppy! You can't just leave by yourself!" I asked putting her down on the ground while taking her hand. I was really worried right now. Poppy is 5, how did she get here all by herself? It's still a 15/20 minutes walk from James's house... I am freaking out actually, her mom must be so worried and when James finds out, he will probbaly be really mad at me...
Okay, Riley.... Just breathe....
"Of course not, silly! I can't walk alone on the streets. Mom said the trash monster might take me to 'Trashland' and that is not a place for princesses!" She replies, hands in her hips.
I giggle a bit. Wasn't she so cute?
"Well, then, how are you here?" I ask kneeling in front of her, my back to the still opened door.
"I brought her..." A familiar voice said. His deep and masculine voice gave me goosebumps.
I stand up and face him. Shocked by his presence. Even more that with Poppy's.
James is leaned on my front door, wearing a dark grey shirt that shows off his figure, a black jacket and a pair of jeans. There's a slight smirk on his face and his dimples are just... Cute...
I shake my head trying to clear my head.
"Why are you here? Why did you come to see me?" I ask, crossing my arms, sounding a bit cold.
"Popps wanted to see you." He said picking his sister up who just nodded and smilled at me.
"And I needed to talk to you." He whispered, looking more serious now.
I think about shuting the door in his face and getting back to my writting. I thinking about slapping him because of what he make go through. Gosh, I even think about hugging him because I miss him so much...
But Poppy is here. So I have to control my instincts... Good or bad...
I sigh and nod.
"Well, Poppy, what do you think about watching some Tv while I talk to your brother. You can put anything you want on tv. Emily is not here" I whisper the last part and wink.
She giggles, her childish laugh lighting the room, and nodds.
James places her down and come closer to me, making a sign for me to come closer to her, which I do.
She get on her toes and whispers in my ear. "Please take it easy on him. He doesn't know how to be a prince yet"
After that rather mature sentence, Poppy runs to my living room, probaly turning the tv on the process.
James closes the door behind him and we stare at each other for what looks like hours
Finally, I clear my throat and speak.
"Well, if you wanna talk. I guess we can go to my bedroom."
I know it's not the best idea to bring your ex to your room but if this thing got bad, I didn't want Poppy to hear the screaming...
He follows me upstairs and when we get to my room, he sits down on the bed. Like he would do when we were together.
I stand up in front of him, after closing the door.
"Why did you bring Poppy?"
"Well, she truly misses you, Riley..."
"Yeah, I miss her too but still..."
"And because I knew that if I brought her with me, you would more racional and probably wouldn't throw me out"
So he used his sister to prevent me from shouting at him... Way to go James...
"You wanted to talk... Talk. Though I don't know what's there to talk about."
James runs his fingers through his hair. Ever since we broke up, he never cut it again. I actually like it this way, gives him a more man look, rather than the boyish one.
"Look, Riles..."
"Don't call me that."
"Fine, Riley. I know that you are really mad at me right now. I know that you probably hate me because I was a prick... And I truly understand you point. I have been really stupid for the past couple of months... And I know you won't forgive that easily, but I wanted you to know that I am truly sorry."
He looks into my eyes, his filled with regret. But I can't buy it that easily.
"Is that everything? Because, yeah, you're right, I am not going to forgive you that easily. I don't know if I ever will forgive period. I don't understand the point of you coming to my house and say that... Don't you have a girlfriend? Or did you get bored with her too and decided that I should be your next victim... Again..."
"No it's not all. And I 've been trying to break up with Beth since you left the Studio but she isn't getting it."
"Look, James. I don't care about you and Beth. It's your life, I have nothing to do with it... And you are wasting your time here, because I am not interested in this conversation. So, would you please leave?" I asked heading to the door and opening it.
James sighed and walked to the opened door. When he was about to leave, we locked our eyes and I felt butterflies in my stomach but remained in my cold posture.
He wouldn't break my heart twice.
He then mumbled something under his breath and shut the door closed.
He pressed me to the wall, being just 8 inches away from me, his arms on the side of my head.
My breathing became steady and I was feeling nervous. Not scared that he would hurt me, because deep down I knew he would never do that. But because I just felt the pull to erase those 8 inches. And that was not the racional thing to do.
"Gosh, Riley! Stop it! Stop the "don't care about James" act. I know I was an idiot and I am not asking you to forgive me, but at least hear me out here, will you?! I know you care about me and I know you miss me. Just as much as I miss you."
"Miss me!? Yeah, right... That's why you started dating Beth the minute we broke up. C'mon James, you stop it. I don't have the strenght to be dealing with this. You hurt me too much. Move on! I have!" I said, almost screaming as I tried to escape James's grip. But it was impossible as he was much taller and stronger than me.
"You moved on?" He asks in a ironical tone, letting out a chuckle, as he steps away from me. Being now at a 30 inches distant. "If you moved on like you said than why are you wearing my hoddie?"
I gasp, now realising that I was still wearing it... I try to think of something to say but I fail. He is right. I miss him. I look down to the floor, feeling a bit embarrassed for being busted.
"Thought so! Of course you miss me! You left the studio because of me!"
"What makes you think I left the Studio because of you? My life doesn't revolve around you, James!"
"I know you did! Don't try and argue with this, Riley! There's no point! I already admitted I was wrong can't you just do the same!" He questioned me, sounding a bit annoyed, leaning on the wall oposite to the one I was.
"You know what? You're right, James! I miss you! I miss you like hell! You were my everything but then you broke my heart! And has if that wasn't enough, you decided that hurting me everyday was the best choice! So you started dating Beth and kissing her and making out with her and always talking about me in front of me... Is that how you missed me!?
I couldn't handle you being a prick and Beth telling me those horrible things! So I decided to leave the Studio! That's it! I admited! Now, what do you want? To get back together? Well that's not happening!"
When I was finished screaming at him, I sighed, trying to catch my breath, with tears forming in my eyes
"Wait, what horrible things did Beth say to you?" James asks in a soft tone, closer to me again.
"She would come to me and tell me how fat I was. That I was a terrible dancer and only got in A-troupe because I was Em's sister. Telling me that you never loved me and were only using me to make her jealous... Because she was the best in everything... And so on... And I couldn't handle it..." I whispered the last part, letting out a sob as tears streamed down my cheeks.
James gasped and closed the space between us, taking me in his arms.
I pulled my arms around his torso and he did the same with me, kissing the top of my head as I cried.
"Shh, Riley... Don't cry, baby... Please" he repeted in my ear, kissing my head a few times, sooting me.
I finally stopped crying and began pulling away from his embrace but he pulled me back to him and kissed my foread, then placing his against mine. I closed my eyes and a small smile appeared in my lips.
I missed this so much. Being in his arms was always relaxing and made me feel better.
"I missed this..." James whispers. "Gosh, how much I missed this..." He continued holding me closer in his arms...
"How could I ever lose you..." He mumbles more to himself then to me, and I begin pulling away from him, while wipping the tears from my face.
I open my mouth to talk but he shushes me by putting a finger in my lips.
"I know this doesn't mean you forgive me and that we will back together. I messed up and I am gonna fix it. And the first thing I will do is get you back to the Studio."
"James, I can't go back to the studio. Miss Kate probably already replaced me... It's not fair"
"There's no replacement for you... Auditions would only be tomorrow. Please, Riley. The studio needs you! Everyone there is missing you! It's not the same!"
"James, I don't know... I am not feeling well there... With everything that happened between us and all..."
"C'mon, Riley! I will fix things between us but the first thing I need to do is get you back in A-troupe. So what do you say?"
I look at him, considering my options... He looks expectingly at me.
"I think I will..."

A/N: thanks for reading! Pleeeeeaaaasee comment and also vote! I love feedback! Love u!
Jiley forever 💙