13) New Arrivals/ Turning

Alante

I have called Alaiana three times and she still hasnt answered her phone. I tried linking her, but she was blocking me out. With me being Alpha I could easily tear that mental wall down, but in this situation, I couldn't. She was too far; that much I knew. I called Marcus to see if he's heard from her or seen her, but he hasn't. What with what ever emotional change she was going through and the fact that she didnt turn up from school, had me worried. I dont have to worry about her much, because I know she can defend herself, but with the way she's been carrying on lately, I know something's up. Something's wrong, she hasn't been herself. I don't make an effort to at getting in her business, but with the way things have been, out of brotherly obligation, I have to make it my business, now. I was about to try calling Tally's phone and linking her as well, but I got a link from my third n command, Bo. He was temporarily taking up Beta duties since I sent Zay out on official pack business, he should be returning in a few days.

"Alpha. We have a couple of rogues down here requesting your presence. We're to the north of the pack house."

I immediately rose from my desk and walked out of my office. "I'm on my way." I replied back. I took large strides to the back of the house, shifting in to my wolf as I made my way out the door; not exactly rushing to get there, but I didn't waste any time either. As I neared Bo and the few of the other pack members I had on a border patrol, I got a whiff of the rogues right away, automatically ot trusting them. Because I knew what this was about, or at least an idea of what this was about. And if it is what I'm thinking, it either spells trouble or it's genuine. All in all there's only one way to find out.

I shifted back into my human form near by the area of where Bo was and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts that I was so fortunate enough to have folded between a rock and a tree near here. As I stepped out in to the opening of Where Bo was and the three other wolves standing guard, I was able to get a look at these rogues. One was a male. He wasn't built or big, but he wasn't small or scrawny either. He was probably a little above average when it came to his physical athletic appearance. He also had this baby face. He almost looked like he couldn't harm a fly. Almost. Looks can be deceiving, can't underestimate someone or something based on how pretty or innocent they look. Although his eyes were averted to the ground (sign of respect), I could tell right away that he may be a respectable guy; by the way he held his form. He wasn't pathetic like.

The other rogue was a female. She was about the same size as Alaina, not as curvy but who's judging? She had dark wavy hair that fell over her sholders and probably stopped just at the middle of her back. She quickly glanced up at me and the dropped her gaze back to the ground, which earned me a look at her eyes; they were icy blue. She looked very familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on where I might have seen her before. Of course, she was gorgeous, but you can't let that cute face fool you. Especially if it's the face of a woman.

They both looked as if they've been running for some time. They were dirty and they looked exhausted as hell.

"State your names and a reason why you requested to see me." I commanded. All traces of emotion absent from my tone and facial expression. They both looked up to meet my eyes, now.  The girl spoke first. "My name is Kearra and this is my best friend MJ. We were looking to join your pack." She said motioning her hand between the two of them.

"Kearra. MJ." I said, nodding my head to them both, acknowledging the introduction. "I am Alante. Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack. Is there a reason why you're not already in a pack?" I asked them. In which I did not fail to notice that Kearra's heart jumped at my question; it, just for a quick second picked up pace then dropped back to normal. Then MJ spoke up.

"We were kicked out of our previous pack."

"And why would that be?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.