11) The Sòsyè

Talon

Chrone.

That's the only thing running through my mind. Once she had said his name, I wasn't sure about whether or not I should tell her that he's my uncle. I'm glad she didn't see the look on my face when she brought up his name. But that only made me more curious about who the vampire was who was visiting her in her sleep. "Hey Talon." She said from beside me as we were walking through the trees. "Yea?" I said still looking straight ahead. "You said that vampires recognize each other through the color of their scent, right?" I nodded my head. "So did my color change?" She asked me. I let out a breath, "Yea it did actually." I told her truthfully, "So what color is mine, now?" She asked looking at me curiously. "Its red. Dark red." I watched the curious look on her face turn to the look of uncomfortable worry. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Will Xavier know the difference?" She asked barely of a whisper. "Yes. He will. If you keep those puncture wounds hidden, he won't exactly know what happened. He'll just the notice the slight difference in your scent." She then took her hair out of the ponytail she wore and pulled it over her shoulders and around her neck. "Alaina. What was Chrone going to do with your powers once he had them?" I asked. I always knew my uncle was a weird character, but I never would've thought he was... Like that. "Marcus said he was going to use my powers to kill every alpha in the nation and every wolf that didn't follow him. He was trying to take over the werewolf population in the country, with my mom by his side." She explained. "And what would've happened to you?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. I never thought to ask. That never even crossed my mind as a matter of fact."

We made it back to the house and once we walked through the door and in to the dining area, Marcus, Xavier, Yuri, Naomi, and a few other members of the pack were sitting and standing around. "Alaina are you alright? What happened?" Marcus immediately asked as he walked over to her to look at her bruises. "I'm fine. I just needed to talk to Talon about-- something." She said. Then Marcus and Xavier looked over at me before turning their attention back to Alaina. "What the hell is going on?" Asked Xavier as he pulled me to the side. I shrugged my shoulders, "Look I don't know, man. You gotta ask Alaina. She just came to the falls spooked out of her mind. Just talk to her." I told him, not knowing what else to say. "Do you think I'd be pulling you to the side if i had talked to her already?" He asked me frustrated at the situation. "Again. Talk to her. She needed a friend and I was there. I don't know what's happening." We turned towards Alaina to see Marcus guiding up the stairs and not too long after we heard the door to his study close. Besides the fact that she knew my uncle, I still had no idea what was going on. I needed to talk to me sister.

Alaina

I sat on the couch while Marcus tended to the cuts on my legs and cleaned up my busted lip. "Alaina what the hell happened?" He asked me, but still kept his eyes on my cuts. "It was just a night mare I had. It was nothing." I answered. Probably a little too quickly, because he looked up at me for a couple seconds before going back to my cuts. "Alaina, you don't get cuts and a busted lip from having a night mare." He bandaged up the last cut and kneeled in front of me, "Now please. Tell me what happ--" I looked up at him to see he had frozen. He was gawking wide eyed at my neck. I looked down and seen he was looking at the pendent. "Alaina where did you get that?" I was looking at him at a loss for words, I didn't know what to tell him. "I-I found it." I told him, covering it so he could stop looking. He then stood up, his eyes now boring in to mine. "Where did you find it?" He asked slowly and cautiously. I was getting scared. "Alaina where did you find that?" He asked me again almost yelling and making jump at his voice. I swallowed my nerves, "In-in the falls. But I didn't keep it, I put it back I swear. Then I woke up and it was around my neck before I woke up and came here." I rushed out in a shaky voice. He stood silent, still scaring me. "Marcus you're scaring me." I said barely above a whisper. He then stood me up and moved my hair from bothe sides of my neck, he was shocked. He stepped away from me, his hand over his mouth, and his eyes wide as hell.