10) His Secret

Alaina

I slipped out of Xavier's bed without so much as making him stir, as well as going down the stairs and out the front door without making a sound.

Once I made it back home, I had taken an hour long shower. Mainly because of the long day I had with Xavier. Now lying in my bed, and thinking about the day, only made me wonder where exactly Xavier and I stood now. He didn't take his rejection back and we didn't mark each other, so what now? Cause we certainly didn't talk about anything during the time we were just staring at each other. Or while we were having sex. The only communication we had in the room, was physical. That only leaves me confused and frustrated even more. If I had any control, I wouldn't have jumped on him. I would've just left and went on about my business.

I didn't realize how exhausted I was until now. Mentally; with all the stress of thinking about Xavier and how I couldnt have him, and dealing with Naomi and her shit at school. Emotionally; what with the rejection, Xavier fucking Naomi, and the simple fact that i had no idea where Xavier and I stood in this situation. I don't know where his head is at or what he's thinking about this whole ordeal. I want answers, I'm just not sure how to go about getting them. I too often tell myself to just let it go, it doesn't matter. But I can't. It's too hard. With the way I built the walls around my heart, I would've never thought I'd find myself in this predicament, but I am and I don't know what to do or how to deal with it. I felt my lids getting heavy, my mind getting fuzzy and scrambled, and my body going numb. With how I tired I was, I just stopped fighting it and let sleep take over me.

I slowly opened my still heavy lids, looking at the clock on my night stand it was four in the morning. I heard the faint sound of my window being opened, but I was too far gone tired to register it. I closed my eyes back with intentions of going back to sleep, until I heard my floor creak. That sound sent me sitting straight up. To my terrified surprise, it was him. I was about to let out a scream, but it got caught in my throat when he lifted his finger to his lips, making the quiet gesture while giving me a warning look. He began to walk around to my side of the bed, but I scooted to the other side. Falling to the floor and scrambling to my feet, pressing my back against the wall, he never taking his eyes off me. "I like it when they run." He whispered out, showing his teeth. This caused me to let out a whimper of fear. I wanted to cry, but I was too scared to. "You have something that I need, Alaina." He whispered out this time, he didn't blink once while his eyes were on me. I closed my eyes, repeatedly chanting in my head that he wasn't real. He couldn't be real. He was just a character in my dreams. A nightmare my mind conjured up out of stress. I had to be asleep and still in my bed, desperately needing to waked up. "I assure you Alaina. I am very much real." I felt his breath on the side of my face, I opened my eyes, and he was standing right in my front of me. I let out the beginning of a scream, but he clasped his hand over my mouth, pressing his body against mine. Tears began to fall now. His eyes boring into mine, still not once did he blink. Giving me a picture perfect view of those electric eyes that I'd seen multiple times.

"You don't want to do that. If you scream and wake up the whole house, I don't want to have to hurt anybody who's trying to get in my way of what I came here for." He said, all emotion in his voice gone, but the seriousness in his tone was very much there. I began to panick and did the only thing that came to my mind first. With everything I had, I kneed him in his groin. He released my mouth. He fell to his knees on the floor to hold himself. I saw that as the perfect chance to get away, but he grabbed my ankle causing me to trip. I hit the floor, not catching myself fast enough before I did, I busted my lip when I fell. My head throbbing from the impact. He dug his claws into my skin, pulling me back towards him. I could feel his claws tearing my skin open. I could have screamed, but I was too shocked to see what was on the floor being drug with me. It was the pendent I found in the cave, wrapped around my neck. Where it came from, I don't know. That scared me a little more because I remember leaving it where I found it. Before I knew it, he had me on my back, his hand gripping both my wrists above my head, and other hand gripping my face. I let out a pain filled whimper from the grip he had on my face.