Chapter 57: No More Eclipse

September

We were on our first year in high school then--sitting on a long bench--talking, laughing, playing, arguing--everything. That moment, I handed him my notebook and asked to read aloud the first poem I made for him. His voice, as I recall, was shaky, yet cool. His smile--I can never forget--was steady and bright.

Tender Profanity

Such sorcery’s sealed in this soliloquy,

that I have found my smiles in his’,

that he had imprinted his witticism on me,

that I am the reflection he sees as him.

A mirror to each other, an antidote maybe,

If the one’s feeling down, other one’s the remedy.

Lavishing over the same plate of meatball and spaghetti,

during this time, we’ll be enemies in a party.

You’ll see him in white at most days,

but he can be so much than the rainbow after rainy days.

Though he owns gazillions of flowery words for a lady,

Don’t you dare start a fight with him,

you’ll just end up played and crying; believe me,

I’m always a willing victim.

So before I end this sorcery,

I want you to know I don’t know why I’m

typing these words for that hussy.

He who knows nothing but to kill me slowly,

can sometimes be therapeutic if he wants him to be.

I remember his smile didn't fade while reading it. He looked so pleased. But the best part of his face was not actually his smile--it was his eyes that were sparkling like tiny stars. He's very handsome.

We had a classic Romeo-and-Juliet love affair. Nope. I think, it was a modern version. We were on a hidden long distance relationship--online; however, it was put in halt when we were caught by our parents. Hence, we broke up, and eventually moved on.

But who among us can tell our current situation? No one. I know.

We were supposed to be together again. 'Supposed to be' is the real subject, because we're basically not going to be together anymore. Sad. Painful. But it was just our unfortunate fate.

All these years, I made myself believe that I love him no more. I thought I succeeded, until our world was suddenly turned upside down by the then villain of our love story: Our parents.

One day, I woke up knowing they are friends na. Nakakagulat, especially when they made a pact that was totally unforeseen: They want us, Dave and me, to be husband and wife.

That was the time na I was snapped by maling akala. Akala ko wala na. Akala ko hindi ko na siya mahal. Pero nang malaman kong pwede pa pala, bumalik lahat ng love ko sa kanya.