Something I wasn't Looking For (GXG)

Have you at one point in your life thought that you need a break from the whole relationship scene? Well I'm currently in that stage where I don't want to deal with a relationship. I'm 23 going on 24 and since I stared dating at the age of 13 I have yet to be single for more than a month. I'm not saying that in 10 years of dating I've been with a lot of people because I haven't I've only date 6 people and the shortest relationship was 10 months.

For those of you that haven't caught on I'm bi hence me using the word people. Out of my 6 relationships 4 of them have been with guys while the other 2 have been with girls. I love how different it is to be with a guy and a girl but yet at times they are the same. I love my family and friends for accepting me the way I am. I remember the day I told them because I told them the same day I was 15 at the time.

*Flashback*

It was a typical Friday during lunch we where walking to our normal hang out spot in the quad when I said "Hey guys I have something to tell you and I don't know how to put it" and one of my best friends Emma looked at me with concern and said "Dude please tell me that you didn't get knocked up" I couldn't help but laugh at her for assuming that I got pregnant. "You are to funny I told you guys Freddy and I haven't had sex and I don't plan on losing my V-Card anytime soon, truth of the matter is that I'm Bi and seeing as how you guys are my best friends I thought you should know". Emma was the first to speak like always "Dude don't scare us like that we though you where pregnant and for you being bi who cares we are the three musketeers and nothing will ever change between us". As soon as she said that I turned to look at my other friend Maddie to look see if she thought the same as Emma. She had a serious face but then dropped it immediately and replaced it with a smile and laughed then said "I kinda figured since you play softball I had to rule out you being a lesbian since you have a boyfriend so the other option was you being bisexual". When she said that the three of us started laughing hard at that. I was glad they where cool with it and nothing has ever changed between us.

Later that day I told my parents and siblings I was glad my siblings took it well, my parents at first where in shock. I expected them to have that look on their faces being Mexican and Catholics I thought that they where going to disown me. After a minute of silence for my parents my mom spoke first "Are you sure of what you just finished saying this isn't a joke?" I looked at both of them in the eye when I answered my moms question "It's not a joke and I'm positive that I'm bisexual. I have always looked at both boys and girls the same way it just took me a while to accept it myself." After I said that my dad finally deiced to speak "So you are confident with the choice that you are making?" When he said that I got angry and sent him death glares when I spoke "It is not a choice I was born like this what part of I have always looked at both boys and girls the same it had never been a choice and this is not a phase, you could accept my for who I am if not then I honestly don't care what you think of me". When I said that I didn't know how I got the strength to speak to my dad that way but I'm glad I did because what happened next was his features changed to a warm smile. I was confused then my mom spoke again "Sweetie no matter what your sexual orientation is we will always love and accept you the same." It brought a smile to my face then my dad spoke "I'm glad you stood up for yourself even if it was to me, it shows me that you could stick up for yourself when others most likely are going to criticize you and as long as you are happy and proud if yourself then so are we." When he was saying that I didn't realize that I had tears coming down, to say the least that way one of the best days of my life because I felt accepted by my friends and family.

*End of flashback*

It's honestly funny when I tell people or new friends that I make my coming out story because they find it shocking that both my friends and family took it so well. It's just like when I speak Spanish so well and then I tell them that I'm Mexican. I guess people assume that every Mexican has to be super tanned have an accent and not have colored eyes. I guess people don't know that there was French settlers their before the Spanish concurred Mexico. All of my mothers family have a good amount of Spaniard blood in them because my great,great,great grandfather was Spaniard. So basically all of my moms side of the family either look like white people or have nice olive skin with colored eyes. On my dads side their is some French blood same as my moms side from 3 times great but it was grandmother, my dads family has a mixture of olive or Mediterranean skin tone if you compare my mom and dads side my dads looks more Mexican. Their fore I don't look Mexican my 2 sisters and I took after my mothers side and my brother took after my dads side he has the Mediterranean skin tone, they all have different shades of brown eyes that they got from my mom, I on the other side got forest green eyes with a hint of brown at times they look hazel. I got the colored eyes from my dad his are hazel with a hint of blue.