Chapter Twenty-Six: Arabella

Nearly twenty four hours since Winston had returned.

Twenty-four hours in the same spot.

Twenty-four hours of him being totally unconscious while he struggled for his life. Although the bleeding had stopped he now had to fight for his life against the wolves curse whether or not the goddess would grant him the chance to run with us.

To run with me.

I hold his hand and wipe the sweat from his face with a cold cloth his whole body shined with sweat, the bandages around his abdomen would soon need changing. They'd been on there for and with the amount he was sweating would soon need to be changed.

I dip the cloth in the bowl of cold water wringing it out before placing it back on his forehead. His breathing comes out in labored huffs, but they seem to calm down once the cloth is on.

Looking at him now for a human he had nice build, one that could even rival the wolves here. And the month he'd spent outside seemed to help that fact and seemed to bring in a little bit of color to his skin tone.

Though the thing that I've missed are his eyes. The way that the color seemed to be so pure, like the sky. The way they'd light up when he saw his friends, or when he was going to crack a joke, thinking that he was oh, so clever... or when he looked at me.

I even missed his annoying little smirk and even the habit he had of calling me Bella, instead of my full given name.

I sigh. "You idiot... come back to me already." I whisper.

At that moment I feel a presence enter the room, Amelia. I begin to stand up but she holds her hand up.

"There is no need I am not here as Luna but as a friend." Even with her dress being stained in blood, she somehow restrained the regal- grace she had last night. Even the   blood stain she has across the bottom of the dress. The glow she had still hadn't gone, she was definitely born to be queen.

She smiles a little sadly. "How is he?"

I look back towards him. Still unconscious, the bleeding stopped a couple of hours ago."

She nods. "Good... Now here comes the tough part. He'll have to make it through this, his body going through the changes." She pauses for a moment and I see a shift in her stance.

"But what?"

"If- When  he makes it through we don't know what kind of changes will happen to him. I've been looking in to it the short amount of time that I've had... and what we could be dealing with is a change in personality completely... he may not be the same person when he wakes up or-" 

"We'll deal with what ever consequences come... and if need be we'll take him down," I turn back to look at her. "Shouldn't you get some rest Luna and take a bath? You've been up all night."

She chuckles. "I could say the same for you, Ara why don't you get some rest and change I can have one of the guards watch over him while you get some rest."

I shake my head. "No, I need to be here when he wakes up, Who knows what will happen if he wakes and there is someone unfamiliar hovering near him."

She sighs. "Alright, I understand..."

At that moment a guard enters. "Luna, his highness calls for you."

She nods. "I'll be on my way then, get some form of rest Ara, he wouldn't want you exhausting yourself."

I nod.

She walks off with the guard.

I turn back to Winston and look at his stained bandages.

It was definitely time to change them.

I sigh picking up the bowl with the scissors and then begin cutting through the old ones before going back to get the bowl filled with the clean bandages, but as I turn around I step on the hem of my blood stained dress, I prepare to catch my self.

But I never fall.

When I open my eyes I meet two almost blue-grey ones looking back at me.

It was Winston who'd caught me.

When I look down I see that his injury was gone and had left behind, for a human, a nicely toned stomach.

I drop the bowl to the floor and immediately hug him, I feel tears welling up in my eyes and then I immediately pull back looking at his face.

His eyes search mine and then he cocks his head, the gaze he had was almost predatory.

Was Amelia right, is this not the same Winston we know?

I prepare to fight him off.

"Mine." he growls.

Before I can even react he's kissing me with an intensity that makes me numb and unable to move.

"Mate! Mate!" My wolf shouts excitedly. 

Impossible.

He pulls back bitting on my bottom lip, drawing a gasp from me.

He smirks devilishly, the familiar gleam coming into his eyes. "Hi, there My Queen." he whispers.

I look at him agape and then hit him on the shoulder, shaking off the effects of the kiss. "You Idiot!" I say standing up.

He laughs slightly, a grin taking up his whole face. "What?"

"'What?' You almost got yourself killed, Damn you! What happened to you out there?" I whisper shout trying not to shake from relief and anger all of my adrenaline was beginning to fade.

He looks me over. "You look beautiful..." He murmurs, and then he looks around the room looking slightly confused. "What is that noise?"

His senses must be off the chart right now, something I've grown up with my whole life is totally new to him...

I blush, thinking about the blood covered dress I was in, but I snap my fingers, dismissing this. "Winston focus, who did this to you?"

His attention turns back to me his grey-blue eyes looking troubled. "You're not going to like the answer."

I take my place back on the bed in front of him. "Try me. Tell me so that I can skin the bastard."

He looks into my eyes and utters one word.

One name.

"Van."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello, Beautiful readers! Did you Enjoy the chapter? Things are starting to get along on this little story! Anyways, as always please leave your thoughts in the comment section, I'd love to hear it! Until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230