Chapter Forty: Erik

It's the final countdown... Are you ready for this? No? Me neither, but we must go on, but thank you so much for over 600 reads! 

Enjoy the story!

***

Drip...

Drip...

I open my eyes to meet the sight of stone walls and to feel the cold from the floor beneath me seeping into my bones. The smell around the cell was damp and dank as if this room hadn't been opened in a while. I couldn't smell anyone else around it seemed that I was completely alone down here.

Where am I?

"Luna?" even if she wasn't down here she should still be able to hear me.

There was no response.

I sit up and hear rattling of chains and a slight burning sensation on my wrists. Silver chains... Who ever we are dealing with definitely knows what they are doing...

My door swings open suddenly bringing light into the room causing my eyes to slightly burn. I stand up which causes me to pull on my chains which makes my wrists burn.

There is a disapproving noise. "Careful, the more you fight the more it burns,"

"Van," I growl.

He flashes a smile, giving me a mock bow. "At your service, Alpha." he returns to an up right position from his bow, and begins looking around the cell. "I hope the accommodations are to your liking, we tried to make it as cozy as possible." He turns back to me.

"Where are Amelia and Winston." I ask bluntly. 

"Ah, the Princess? She's fine, but I wouldn't worry about her so much... as for Winston, don't worry you'll be joining him very soon."

"What did you do? What did you do?!" I pull against the chains, ignoring the burning.

He only smiles.

"That's enough Van, I'll take it from here," says another voice.

"As you wish, Boss," with that, he leaves the room and another person steps into the room dragging a chair across the stone floor. Making it screech as he did so I couldn't help but flinch at the noise.

Having enhanced senses sucked sometimes.

"What a pleasure it is to finally meet you, Alpha Erik. I've heard a great many things about you," This persons voice sounded friendly like the neighbor you'd known all of your life, but there was an under tone to it, something sinister almost. "My name is Ashton, Van wasn't too rough with you was he?"

I take in his appearance, one of his eyes was covered up but the other one was a bright blue, and I could see scars on his brown skin. This was a man who has known many battles.

"What do you want from me?"

She smiles, his teeth glowing white. "Straight to the point, I like that. Now I've heard that you have some vital information on someone I'm looking for... The Shadow, what do you know?"

"I have nothing to tell you."

He sighs. "And I was hoping that we could talk like civil people." He shrugs, "But I guess you can't have it all,"

"Where are Winston and Amelia."

"Mm-mm," he scolds, waving on of his fingers at me. "I'm the one asking the questions around here." His attention turns to the door way again. "Bring her in."

My attention turns to the doorway as a familiar shape is pushed into the doorway growling and shouting at them.

"Touch me again and your arm will no longer be attached to your body." She jerks her arm out of the grasp of the man holding her, who then pushes her forward towards me.