Chapter Twelve: Erik

My beautiful people! How have you been? It's been a long time, right! I'm sorry for the delay, this college life is tough on a girl. But now things are settling down for now as Thanksgiving break approaches. So without further adieu here is another chapter of Wolvesbane, Please enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I pace in the snow for what felt like hours now, every moment I was getting antsy and the wolf inside of me was becoming unsettled as well with what we held in our sights.

Where is she?

I feel an impatient growl surface from my chest.

"Alpha?" Asks Amelia.

As always she responds when I needed her most.

"I'm over here..." I answer feeling a sense of relief wash over me upon knowing that she's finally arrived.

I turn my head as I hear the soft padding of feet in the snow, my eyes widen in surprise when I see Amelia in her wolf form. It had been three years since I've seen her like this. Her wolf is still the very part of the Alpha her movements as stealthy as ever and her coat as white as the snow, which was the weird part about her it didn't match her hair color like the rest of us, when you look into her eyes it's still her but there seemed to be something a little extra about her in them.

It took my breath away seeing the power and grace that she still had.

"Is there something else wrong, Alpha?" she inquires, her head slightly tilted, her eyes piercing my own.

I turn away from her so that I wouldn't stare anymore. "Please, revert to human form. Then we'll talk."

I sense her hesitation at not saying something back to this, but I hear a soft sigh, and the light crunch of the snow as she turns towards some bushes.

"As you wish."

I stand with my back turned to her waiting for her to be done while also listening out for others in the area. I knew she could more than take care of herself, but for some reason the thought of someone seeing her right now bothered me.

And I'm not sure I could say that it was just my wolf anymore.

"What's going on, Erik?" She asks as she joins me, pulling her hair out from her shirt.

"Follow me."

I lead her to the source of a newly found headache, the dismantled body of a wolf, the remains scattered around the area turning the once pure snow into splotches of red.

Amelia kneels into the snow looking at the remains. "Is it one of ours?"

I shake my head. "From what I can tell this wolf was a rouge."

She stands back up surveying the area, possibly looking for what could've done this. "Some thing large did this..."

"Maybe a bear?"

She turns her head to look at me, her hazel eyes dark. "No, a simple bear would not be able to take down even a rouge, much less scare him into coming into Silver Moon territory... I fear that this is something far more sinister..."

I turn my body towards hers, my arms still crossed. "I know that look, do you have an idea of what this might be."

She turns away from me again. "We need to report this to the royal family, and then send a team out here to clean up the remains before the stench brings anymore unwanted attention." She pauses and almost as an afterthought addresses me again. "If... that is alright with you Alpha?"