Chapter Thirty-Six: Orion

The next day after finding the Elder's body once again had the whole castle on alert. No one was allowed to go out alone, everyone even had to walk together which relieved me because that meant that Teralyne wouldn't be alone but also worried me because I wouldn't be able to be by her side to protect her.

If those things came again who was ever with her wouldn't be able to stop it.

A familiar floral scent hits the air and immediately I turn to face the source. I see a familiar blonde head round the corner, alone, carrying what looked to be some type of linen.

"Teralyne," I say stepping towards her. Big green eyes peek out from behind the stack to look at me. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"Beta..." She greets. "I was on an errand for her highness and there was no one else around to go with me. It couldn't wait to be done,"

I take the pile of cloth from her and she protests slightly, her arms crossed and slightly pouting. "You know you shouldn't be walking around by yourself."

"I can handle myself, besides it was just down the hall,"

I give her a look and sigh. "You really don't understand how important you are do you? No matter how many times I say it,"

"Important to who?" she inquires, slightly turning her head away from me making the golden strands of her hair shift slightly, in the sunlight coming in through the window almost making it look look like she had a halo.

I place the sheets down on the floor beside her and then envelop her in a hug, she immediately and I can feel her and myself relax.

"I'm scared... the way it took out the elder... No one is safe."  she whispers.

I hug her a little tighter. "Nothing will happen to you I swear it."

I feel her slightly chuckle. "I'm still not used to that, no matter how long I've been here."

That makes me smile, I pull back from her so that I could look her in the face. I place a kiss on her forehead softly. "Well lucky for you, you'll have a long time to get used to it. You are my world now and nothing will happen to you I assure you."

She smiles and then gets on her tip toes to softly kiss me on the tip of my nose.

I shudder slightly. "Now get going before I hold you up anymore, her highness is probably looking for you." I kiss her hand, "Remember I can always hear you,"

She nods, picking up the sheets once again giving me one last look before heading down the halls again.

"Orion, where are you? I've got to leave soon,"  asks Erik.

"I'm on my way, sorry,"

"It's fine... just come quickly."

His presence disappears.

I sigh.

***

I finally meet up with Erik who was waiting by the front doors getting ready to depart. The past couple of days had been stressful for him too, it was now on him to really find out who were making these creatures. Alpha Nikoli and the rest of the Silver Falls had returned to their land to lay to rest what was left of the Elder at least.

The sight of what we had witnessed was nothing short of gruesome. I actually thought that just saying that was an understatement.

Erik turns to me. "You've got everything right?"

"Erik, you need to breathe you haven't done that for the past twenty four hours. I say placing a hand on his shoulder. "Everything is going to be fine... there is patrol on every inch of this kingdom. Plus she's safe... Luna is with the prince right now, the safest place in the castle."