Forced Out

Running down the place halls panting as Roku still clutched my hands I wildly scanned the small groups of people in the halls. Maids, soldiers, nobles, palace doctors, Chiefs, blacksmiths, apprentices, and even honored guests from neighboring realms. Me and a hectic Roku passed all of this ignoring the maids shouts for us not to brake anything, the soldiers warnings not to run, the nobles attempts to introduce themselves to me knowing that I was someone close to Soo-Won.

Turning a corner my eyes caught the familiar sway of white blue rimmed robes. "Soo-Won!" I shouted snapping out of my shock and pulling away from Roku's grasp of my hand. At my voice Soo-Won looked over his shoulder curiously concern clear on his face as I rammed into him. Shoving my face in his robes, clutching his sleeve I clung to him panting heavily.

"May.....?" He called softly. Turning around to rap his arms around me. Tears filled my eyes as I began to tremble. "Your okay......." I mumbled to myself reassuring myself that Soo-Won was I fact okay. "May? What's wrong?" Soo-Won asked worriedly. "There..... Was a man..... In the garden." I mumbled. Soo-Won grip on me tightened at he heard this.

"What happened?" He asked again. "I over heard him talking about how he was going to poison you! I confronted him on it and tried to get the bottle but we got in a sword fight....." I began my trembling becoming worse. "And he almost killed me.... Then Roku saved me." I finished a sod ripping through my throat.

Soo-Won turning to the guard he had been talking to, who was staring down at me with disbelief, and gave him a stern nod. Moments later he ran off.

3 Months Later

Tears ran down my cheeks as I ran through the dark empty hallways of the castle. Looking over my shoulder shadowy figures followed behind me the smell of blood following them and not just anyone's blood. Roku's. My dear friends lifeless body flashed before my eyes. I gave a small sob at the thought. Tearing through the palace doors and out in front of the gates the bitterly cold night air tearing through my dress that father had given me. My panting ripping through the unnaturally quiet night.

I ran for the gates I have to escape! Looking over my shoulder I watched as the figures gained on me. Hatred build inside me as I looked at them. This was their fault! They had come under the cover of night and attacked the castle. They killed Roku! And Soo-Won, well........ Soo-Won abandoned me. The past events flooded into my head.

Turning to me Soo-Won looked me strait in the eyes. "May! I can't take care of you anymore. Leave the castle immediately." He said. As various people ran around shouting on about an attack on the castle. "Wh-What?" I demanded quickly running up to him and grabbing his robes fearfully. A pained look twists his face but it was only their for a split second. Soo-Won then pushed me away from his. Tears brimmed my eyes as I looked at him. "Soo-Oh!" I called he gave me a serious look and said "Goodbye" as he ran off going after the intruders with a groups of soldiers.

The memory ended as I burts through the gates running into the nearby forest frantically. "Soo-Won you jerk! You were suppose to be my new family. You weren't suppose to leave me...... You weren't suppose to abandon me!" I cried under my breath as the branches of bushes and trees tore into me. My vision blurred as an other sob ripped through my throat. I wiped away the tears in my eyes clearing my vision for a split moment before more tears came.

Pushing through a cluster of bushes I came face to face with one of the figures who had followed me. I glared at him he smelled as if he had just bathed in blood. I recognized him, he had been one of the guards that hung out with Sodao. A scowl curled my lips. "WHY'D YOU DO IT!" I screamed furiously. He stepped back clearly taken off guard. "WHY'D YOU KILL HIM!" I screamed. I got no reply as he gave a gruff laugh pulling out a sword he advanced.

I ran at him ducking as he swung his sword I pushed past him rushing beeper into the forest. I heard a grunt behind me followed by the mans hurried footsteps as he ran after me. My eyes scanned my surrounding. The shadowy out line of bushes and tree was close to all I could see with the exception of an occasional pair of practically glowing animal eyes. My chest tightened. My heart pounded wildly in my ears.

Pushing away a few stray branches from a tree I came to a clearing. A village on a flat plains was visible. I looked behind me and gave a small squeal of  diving into a near by bush. I held my breath as the man came into the same clearing his eyes wild as he scanned the area no doubt looking for me. I plugged my nose wrinkling it slightly. The smell of blood was unbelievably strong.

My blood started to boil. He killed Roku, and made Soo-Won abandon me! He most likely hurt soldiers as well. At that thought Isoa came to mind. He was a solider me and Roku had become good friends with. Isoa was often put in charge of me when I needed a guard at shady times or when Soo-Won couldn't watch me.

My heart sank at the thought of Isoa. He had always joked around by saying "What was the his majesty thinking! Me, a highly respected and decorated guard of his personal army protecting a child!" In a serious voice before saying "Oh! Shiny!" In a childish voice and running over to the nearest shiny object. I would always laugh as he pretended to play it off cool as if nothing had ever happened.

He reminded me of my father who was a child at heart. I snapped out of my daze as the man began to walk of grumbling a spree of curse words. It remained silent for 15 more minutes before I gave a sigh of relief surfacing from my hiding place. I looked around half expecting someone to jump out at me before I took off as fast as I could toward the village.

Shizuko-Chan~ The story explaining May's and Soo-Won's past is complete! Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time but a lot happened! Mainly school. I'm coming close to the end of the book. Unless I can come up with something their will most likely will only be one or two more chapters till the end! Where did the time go! Also! I'm sorry that the story changed suddenly! And plz if you have a free moment check out my friends account @rebelliousblog she has a K Project book published so check it out! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed!