Intruder

The second chapter explaining Soo-Won and May's past is finished! Finally! I hope you enjoy!

Soo-Won shot up placing the empty spoon on the tray. "I-Intruder!" I repeated fearfully my trembling hands clutching the sheets. Soo-Won looked toward me a reassuring smile on his face as he saw my trembling figure. "It'll be ok. I promise May, I'll protect you." He soothed walking back to my side and patting my head.

I looked at him surprised. He's like the big brother I never had. Could I possibly make the new family I've been looking for here? In such an amazing place? Do I even deserve such a thing? "O-Ok." I mumbled giving him a closed eyed smile. It was his turn to looked surprised. "Your parents must be so proud." He sighed allowing his hand to side off my head form patting it as he turned around beginning to walk toward the door.

My smile dropped as I heard this. "My parents.... Are dead." I slowly said a sob building up in my throat. Soo-Won stopped walking and an eery silence filled the room. No one said anything as a stiff unwanted tension followed the silence. Maybe it was better this way? I mean what would someone say after hearing this. "I'm sorry for your lose?" Most likely, but I didn't want to hear that easy to predict line anyway.

It made the fact that I was all alone much more real, much more terrifying, much more painful. "Stay here, I'll come back once I take care of this intruder." Soo-Won said through gritted teeth braking the silence. "Ok..." I mumbled looking down at the sheet detecting a hint of anger in his voice. With that he left the room leaving a confused servant and me behind. "Did I say something I shouldn't have?" I uttered looking at the servant.

Soo-Won's P.O.V

I marched out of the room furiously leaving behind May and the servant my blood still boiling from what May had said. The small, malnourished, injured, little girl I had saved from human trafficking just told me that on top of all she had been through her parents were dead! What did she do about food, and shelter? And her education? She must have thrown away everything after that. Despite her looks I couldn't help but think that May wasn't as innocent as she appeared.

I strolled down the palace halls my stride quickening with every new though of May. I drew my sword as the sound of clashing metal filled the air. So this is where the intruder is. Turning the corner I was greeted by a large crowd of soldiers they all had their swords drawn panting heavily. "Lord Soo-Won!" Shouted a surprised soldier. "Please step back and allow me to handle this." I instructed giving them a stern look daring any of them to stop me.

There was no objections as I walked past them turning another corner to come face to face with an man tightly clutching a katana his eyes flying around wildly waiting for his next challenger. I raise my sword glaring at him as May's terrified face flashed before my eyes. "You'll pay...."

May's P.O.V

I lay in bed, patently waiting for
Soo-Won to return trying my best to ignore the fearful voices of the guards posted outside the door. Worry rose in my chest as I thought about Soo-Won fighting, with that in mind I walked to the door noting that the guards had stopped talking suddenly, and knocked on it. Nothing happened. I tried again, still nothing. Giving up I slowly open the door with trembling hands. Poking my head out curiously. That was my first I mistake.

My eyes widened and my knees threatened to give out as my breath became shallow. The world began to spin the sound of shattering glass beating in my ears. Before me was the bloody cut up ruminates of the two guards their fearful eyes forever frozen in time staring off into the distance. A pool of blood painting he floor.

I slowly looked up my gaze meeting a new face. It was a man with blonde hair and green eyes freckles across his nose. He would of been handsome if his hair wasn't in a tangled mess, or if his green eyes didn't shine with insanity. His clothes splashed with blood and torn in various areas. In his hand a blood covered sword rested. "No...." I mumble looking down at the murderers latest victims tears beginning to pour down my cheeks.

"Wh-Why?" I asks looking away from them. The man gave me a lazy shrug. "They were blocking my way, so I got rid of them." He explained carelessly. "So you got rid of them?" I repeated my spinning world suddenly coming to abrupt stop as reality hit me. "Th-That's not h-how that w-works!" I uttered taking a shaky step away retreating deeper into the room. The man chuckle insanely a murderous look crossing his eyes.

"Sure it is. Watch, I'll do the same for you." He replied raising the end of his katana to my throat. I could feel my eyes widen and my pupils shrink as I kept my eye glued to the sword. Is this how the world truly works! Do people kill when they wanna kill, steal when they want to steal! That's not right! That's not fair!

Without thinking I jerked back turning around and running into the room. I tried to slam the door behind me but the man has slipped his katana between the door frame and door preventing me from fully closing it. I leaned up against the heavy wooden door grunting from the effort when it was thrown open causing he to crash into the ground. Standing there sword raised above his head looking down at me ready to strike was that murderous psycho!

"Time to die you brat!" He shouted swinging his sword down at me as I lay on the floor. I rolled over narrowly missing the strike only to roll over again as he repeatedly swung at me. It was like a deadly game of Whack A Mole. "You can't kept this up forever little girl!" He cackled managing to cut my leg as I rolled over once again my shoulders grazing the scratches on the wood floor.

I watched for the dozenth time as the sword was violently swung toward me. I began to roll I've but found myself being jerked back. Looking at my shoulder I gasp. He had managed to grab a thick piece of fabric from my dress. "Got yea!" He chuckled. Seeing no better option I did the first thing that came to me. I let out one loud blood curtailing scream.