I Visit My First Brothel

I eventually found Hak and told him nothing about my ordeal with the green-haired man. I know I should of but, I was afraid to tell him though. He would never let me go anywhere on my own again.

I looked at Hak waiting for him to tell me about his encounter with the same man. He didn't mention anything about him. The stars and moon had come out by the time we found where everyone had hid. "What? You didn't buy anything? Why did you even go in the city? Your useless!" Yun lectures angrily as he saw Hak empty handed.

"Sorry, I couldn't find the right shop." Hak apologizes raising a hand in peace. "It's no use sending you, Thunder Beast." Yun continued folding his arms and looking away from Hak angrily.

"Tomorrow, we're all going into the city." Yun decided. "Hooray!" Cheered an excited Yona. I walk away from them and wandered off to Gija and Shin-Ha who stood on a small cliff that over looked the city.

"Shin-Ha, do you also...." Gija began looking at the ocean. "I feel it." Shin-Ha confirmed with his quiet voice almost a whisper. "The Green Dragon is toward the ocean." Gija said sounding certain now that Shin-Ha agreed. I stopped walking toward them.

"May...." Shin-Ha whispered sounding worried. For a minute I thought he had heard me and knew I was a few feet away but when he didn't turn towards me. I realized he was just talking about me.

Gija nodded. "I don't know how we're going to recruit the Green Dragon if one of us cant be in the ocean." Gija said sounding just as worried. Shin-Ha nodded. "It does make things a little bit more challenging." Gija continued.

Tears polled in my eyes. I'm a burden. I'm holding them back, making things more complicated. I'm useless to them. I took a few shaky steps backwards and turned around walking away. I wiped away my tears as I passed Yun, Yona and Hak who all seemed to busy to notice me. Good.

I then crawled into bed and silently cried myself to sleep guilt racking me as I though about Shin-Ha and Gija's conversation.

It was the next morning and we all walked along the same trail I had taken yesterday leading to the cliff. "According to Shin-Ha and Gija the Green Dragon's presence disappeared somewhere over there." Yun says pointing to the cliff.

"I'm going on my own for a bit." Hak announces suddenly. We all turned toward him. "I want to look at some weapons in the city. I'm the only one who knows what to look for." Hak explained.

Hak walked over to Gija and handed him his weapon. "White Snake, hold onto this." Hak commanded. "Why me!" Gija bursted angrily glaring at Hak. "Make sure you actually buy something this time." Yun informs. Hak nods his head and quickly glances at everyone. His eyes trail to me last.

He walks over to me and bends down. "What's wrong." He asks looking me in the eyes. "What? Nothing's wrong..." I lied. Hak raised a brow. "You haven't said a word since last night." Hak protested.

"Sore throat." I lie again. The truth was I didn't want to say anything for fear that my voice might crack and I'd break down into ugly sobs and confess everything.

"I heard you crying last night." Hak continued to protest. I looked down at the floor. "I must of been crying in my sleep. I had a bad dream last night, don't remember most of it." I replied
"You kept apologizing in your sleep saying I'm so sorry and I'm useless." He added. I gulped how do I answer to that? "Must of been part of my nightmare." I suggest drawing circles in the dirt with my feet. Hak sighed knowing I was lying.

He got up and turned around about to walk away. I reached out and grabbed his coat. "Wait." I mumble. Hak looks over his shoulder at me. "Let me come with you, I wanna help. Please." I pleaded. Yun and the others looked at me surprised.