Heading Out

I woke up sleeping next to Yona on top of two blankets to make a mattress and a blanket three times the size of a large ordinary Blanket was draped over us about five pillows surrounded us I had used up three Yona two. I felt Yona's arm protectively draped over me and I leaned in closer to her.

She was so comforting, the peace of mind she gave me was almost like a mother, or what I imaged it wold feel like to have a mother, or maybe an older sister. I tried to move away from Yona realizing I had my chance to run away, why did I say they could take me?

I would love to, but things are already rough on them I don't wanna add another mouth to feed and an other life to worry about. I was just about out of Yona's grip, Yona still half asleep, reached out and grasped me . "May, please stay." she said pulling me back into bed and gently lifting my head to put a pillow under it, I was so surprise I didn't stop her.

She began to soothingly stroke my head and tuck in the blankets around me. I was engulfed in the blankets fabric Yona now had both hands wrapped around me and held me in my place. "Why are you so desperate to leave?" Yona asked sleepily. I could feel her heart beat, it almost sounded broken, I held my hand to my chest.

Yona reaches out and moved my hand to put her ear to my chest to hear my heart beat. I could see the surprise on her face, my heart, sounded like broken
glass. I was told this before, when a gang of bandits kidnapped me, they had planned to sell me.

They had a doctor to see what quality I was, and that doctor said my heart beat sounded like broken glass. Before I had escaped they had started calling me Glass Heart and had even began planning on selling me off with that name, but I escaped.

"I'm leaving..." I mumble to Yona, she tightens her grip on me. "Why?" She asked sorrowfully. "I refuse to give you an other thing to worry about. Just forget about me. I'll figure something out, promise please just don't make me have the guilt of burdening you any more." I cry silently."Your not a burden, May." Yona says still holding me tightly.

"I'm helpless, Hak would have to protect me, he's already got enough to worry about, don't make me add to it. " I explain. Yona shakes her head. "You wouldn't be a burden, Hak was the one that invited you to join us, if we left you on our own we would feel so guilty about it."

I bite my lip, I hadn't considered that. "Fine...." I groaned as I climbed back into bed with Yona.

Next Day

I stood out side Ik-su and Yun's shack, apparently Yun was coming with, but..... not Ik-su. The though of Ik-su being alone made me nervous he was so unsteady. The first time I meet him, yesterday, I had to help him from falling before we even had a chance to introduce ourselves.

Ik-su looked at Yun happily as they began to say their goodbyes "Yun are you alright?" Ik-su asked. Yun clutched his bag "I could ask the same thing of you." he said tilting his head a little in doubt. Yona looked down at Yun's bag, "Yun, what's all that stuff your bringing?" She said looking curiously at it.

"If there books, leave them, it's just more bulk." Hak informed looking at Yun in suspicion. "There not books!" Yun argued. Hak leaned over to look at Yun "What is it, then? Let me see." Hak demanded. I leaned down to look at the bag curiosity getting the beater of me "Let me see to, Let me see!" I shrieked in excitement.

Hak laughed as he watch me bounce of the palm of my feet politely waiting for Yun to empty his bag. Yun takes something out of his bag, at first I though it was a blanket but realize that it's a large bag. "This is a bag we can put the princess in when we enter cities that are guarded." He explained.

"Put me in?" Yona questioned. I smiled, Yun sat down on the floor and began to pull out pots and random items shoved in bags. "I've got a bunch of other stuff do you wanna see it?" Yun continued as me, Hak and Yona look down at him. "I've seen enough, we'll lose daylight." Hak says turning toward Ik-su.

"Thanks Ik-su" Yona said waving goodbye to him. "I'll pray for your safe journey." Ik-su said back waving goodbye as well. Yona turned around and began to walk away Hak joining her, I rushed after them as Yun yells for us to wait as I heard the clatter of him shoving his supplies back into his bag.

As Yun caught up after finishing his goodbyes to Ik-su I turned toward Ik-su and waved goodbye to him myself. "Bye Ik-su! Thank you for everything! Avoid, walking near the water fall! Bye!" I cried as he blinked out of sight. "Let's hurry before the sun sets, we need to cross the three mountains." Yun scolds walking past us with quick hurried steps.

"Are you already ordering us around?" Hak teased as he watch Yun go into leader mode. Yun now a few steps a head of us looked over his shoulder a smile spread across his face "I'm a handsome genius. Of course I am. Shut up and follow me." He said. Hak smirked "Yeah yeah." He muttered. As we walked I wonder over to Hak's side. "Hay Hak?" I called. He looked at me. "What?" He asked.

"What's a brother?" I questioned. He looks at me surprised "Why do you asks?" I shrugged "I don't know, just answer it." I argue. Hak smiled at me. "I guess a brother is a guy who looks after you, protects you and all that." Hak answers.

I jumped on top of a thin, tall pile of dirt that marked the edge of the road and walked on it holding my hands out for balance as I stumble clumsily forward. "So you and Yun... Are my brothers?" I beamed. Yun stops walking hearing this.

"What?!" He cried. Hak stopped as well and smiled "In a ways I guess we are." Hak agreed. I leapt on his back, "Give me a piggy back ride!" I shrilled happily.