The Two Strangers

I stood on a branch of a nearby tree watching a battle take place next to a huge cliff. An small army of fire tribe soldiers attack a man with black hair wearing a blue clock and a girl with red hair with a pink and red fancy nice dress with a tan clock over it.

The man had a long black stick with a large fat slightly curved blade on it. The fire tribe men attack him with at least two dozen men at once. Within seconds the man takes them down keeping the girl curled up in his hands protectively.

Arrows flew every where as the battle rages on. I watched amazed as I see the man defend him and the girl defecting and dogging arrows skillfully. I clutch my belt and look down at it, it had five dagger holders, each one holding a dagger.

Each dagger was made by my father or me. The though of him still caused a painful sting in my chest. I pulled out the first dagger it's handle was painted red, orange, and yellow and looked like fire dancing across the handle laying on the handle perched a crimson dragon.

I brushed my fingers over the smooth silver blade. I loved the way silver looked, because of this all five of the daggers had silver blades. Where the blade and the handle meet a round polished Rudy lay. I removed my fingers from the blade and put the dagger back into it's holder on my belt. I went to my next dagger, the handle of this one was painted light and dark green, with a little bit of brown, it looked like the leaves of a tree, a green dragon curled around the handle up to area where the blade and handle meet.

The dragons mouth was slightly open as it looked like it was about to eat the emerald that lay their. I smiled happily at the dagger this one had been fathers favorite dagger I had secretary been watching him as he worked at the blacksmith shop as he made daggers and swords and one day I snuck in and made this dagger.

I had went to the merchant's shop and sold my old dress for paint and and painted the handle. Then I went to an other blacksmith shop and paid the owner to weld the green dragon I had bought from a merchant as well to the handle.

After that I had gone to the mines with a bowl of white rice and a glass of water, and traded the meal for the small emerald, and I welded it into the already made hole. By the time I was done, fathers birthday was the next day and I gave him this dagger as a gift, all my love for my father was bundled up in this dagger, the emerald seemed to shine as bright as my love for him.

I put the precious dagger away and pulled out the third one. This one had a painted handle that looked like white slash grayish dragon scales.

On the handle was a white dragon curled up as if sleeping looking like it was protecting the diamond that lay in the same spot as the rudy and emerald did on the other daggers.

I kissed the diamond lightly, diamonds were my favorite gem they were so beautiful, because of this, this dagger had been a gift from father. I put the dagger away reluctantly and pulled out a dagger with a yellow handle that was painted to look like rays of sun shine, as I looked at the dagger pride rise in my chest.

Father and I had made this dagger together. A yellow dragon lay on the handle with the rays of sunshine around it, the dragon looked like it was souring through the sky. The small piece of gold laying between the blade and handle seemed to be the sun as light reflected off it.

The dagger had a small stain of brown on it, a stain that once was blood. I resented the stain, not just because it was blood but because of the person that blood belonged to, and why it was their to begin with.

The dagger was tough, strong and durable, because of this father had used this dagger when we were ambushed by thugs -as we came back from selling a recently made sword- to protect us. But he wasn't trained to fight only hunt small animals and was no match for the thugs.

He had died, if it wasn't for his sacrifice I would of died for he had used the dagger to block multiple attacks aimed at me. But I had been his down fall. Once the thugs realized I was fathers weak spot they all charged me, father took a blow to the heart with a sword for me and died in front of me.

I had barely managed to escape, but because if this dagger I was able to take the four others I have and get the thugs off and escape with some how only a few minor injures. That had been the only time I took up a weapon.

I put the blade in it's holder and pulled out the final dagger. The handle was painted with light and dark blue, the colors over lapped each other beautifully creating the image of a raging storm.

A dragon sat on the handle looking at the Aqua blue gem that lay in the same place as the other gems on the different daggers. The gem seemed to be that heart of the ocean as the dragon seamed to eagerly crash through the water after it.

This dagger was half made when dad had died, I remembered running through the forest away from the thugs my vision blurry from all my tears. I cradled the dagger belt desperately, so focused on them I had tripped, the thugs for a small fearful moment caught me.

I had pulled the yellow dagger on them and had managed to escape to my village and finish making the dagger after I had finished making I had decided to wonder going place from place, since I had nowhere else to so. I put away the dagger and hear a scream my head shot up.

The girl's red hair was being painfully grasped by a man in a fire tribe uniform he had white hair and plan face and the man who was last I saw protecting her hanged over the edge of the cliff.

"Throw the thunder beast over!" Shouted to the fire tried army men who surrounded the man. My blood started to pulse quickly and without thinking I jumped from my branch and ran toward the girl and pulled out my crimson dagger.

I cut the girls hair freeing her. The man who now held the girls now cut hair stumbled back surprised. As I heard the girl run off toward her friend holding a sword.

I quickly switched my crimson dagger out with my yellow one and some aimed the blade threateningly at the mans. "Stay away!" I growled angrily and ran off to help the girl free her friend.

I meet up with her we were back to back as army men surrounded us. They rise their swords but stop as the man I just pulled my dagger on says "No! Don't hurt the princess! Take care of the girl!" I whip my head toward the girl. Princess?

Suddenly understanding dawned on me, the girl trembling behind me as she clutch a sword with quivering hands was princess Yona. The girl who's father, the king, had died and the princess who had diapered along with general Hak.

The man hanging off the edge of that cliff, was him. Sympathy ,began to build up inside me. She reminded me of me when I lost my father weak and helpless. I lock my jaw. Determined to help her. The first man comes at me and I stab him in the side.

As he crumbles to the ground clutching his wound I wince. I turn toward the second man and slash him in the legs he falls. I fight small wave after small wave of men when I hear Yona's trembling voice ring out.

"I won't forgive you if you die!" I turn around to see Yona and the Hak falling down the cliff "No!" I scream and run to the edge and jump.