In The Garden

Shizuko-Chan~I'm so sorry I haven't updated! Some of you  might have noticed but I had a glitch or something and notifications came up saying that I published when I didn't. I tried to get ahold of someone who cloud fix it but got no where with that so ended up having to play with my settings. That didn't work either so I had to wait for it to just go away as a last resort. Thankfully it's gone and I can update once again! I hope you enjoy!

I ran down the halls excitedly giggling as I looking wildly behind me and in front of me. "You can't catch me!" I announced watching as the distance figure of Roku became closer." Oh yes I can!" He shouted back a large smile on his face. We continued to run through the wide hallways of the palace giggling wildly as we played our game of tag. Eventually we ran into the palace garden.

Without checking my surroundings I continued to run making sure Roku followed as I taunted him playfully. With every teasing word I spoke he seemed to become faster which was exactly what I wanted. "How are you running so fast!" He demanded as we rushed past a bed of flowers that were nothing but a colorful blur to us. "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me!" I Replied to happy to allow myself to become bummed out by my depressing past.

Turning the corner I ran straight into a maze. The ones made completely from large bushes covered in beautiful flowers. Roku continued after me shouting teasing threats like. "When I catch you I'll throw you in the lake with the Koyie fish!" I shriek in false fear a smile curling my lips. "Not when I have on my nice dress!" I cried turning a sharp left to run into a dead end.

I spun around to face a satisfied Roku panting heavily were as I hadn't broken a sweat. "H-How!" He panted tiredly walking over to me and plopping down onto the soft green grass. I sat down besides him. "That's a secret." I said sticking my tongue out childishly. Roku puffed his cheeks in protect clearly disappointed. "No, really! I've never seen anyone run as fast as you!" He pouted giving me a pleading look. I ran a hand through the portion of my hair not put up and sighed giving him a nervous look. "If I told you...... Things would be.....different." I warned.

He only raised a brow. "May, you do realize I don't care what happened to you in the past. It's what you do now that I care about." He reassured placing his hand on top of mine. I smiled at him as he did this causing a blush to bust his cheeks. "Thanks Roku!" I chirped. He looked away from me trying to hide his blush. "Wh-Whatever...." I giggle at his response. "Just tell me already!" Roku complained trying to direct my attention away from him.

"Very well..... I was chased by bandits a lot and was victim of human trafficking. Neither of them are fun, you gotta run if you wanna live." Roku went silent. He clearly wasn't expecting that. "I'm sorry..." He mumbled unsure what else to say. I winced at the words. I knew Roku meant what he said but more often then not those words were meaningless to the speaker. Usually they were words just said to stop an awkward silence or tension. They were just a quick last minute thought.

I laid down on my back looking up at the cloudless less sky enjoying the buzzing of the insects that called this garden home and the gentle touch of the wind as it swayed my hair around me making them seem like seaweed at the bottom of the ocean. Roku follows my lead doing the same. "You know.... I know it sounds bad and believe me it was, but honestly I learned a lot from those experiences." I sighed closing my eyes so I could listen to the whistling of the wind.

"Like what?" Roku asked doubtfully. I turned my head to face him only opening one eyes and examining his curious face before closing it again and turning to face the sky again. "I learned what it means to be close to death. What true pain is, true misery, the experience that comes with being at deaths door." I answered bluntly.

I felt Roku shiver beside me despite the shinning sun and warm breeze. "And your happy that you learned that?" He continued in disbelief. "I learned some good things too." He only rolled his eyes at me as if I was beyond saving. "Why didn't you say that sooner! Tell me all the good experiences!" He demanded tiredly. "Well I also learned that even the littlest act of kindness can have a huge impact on someone's life. And that~"

The sound of footsteps interrupted me. We both feel silent sitting up hurriedly and giving each other a devious look a mischievous smile curling our lips as we both nodded in agreement having a silent discussion. Without saying a word we both ran into the bushes pushing branches back and walking into the hole we made well we tired to hide. I could hear Roku beside me struggle with a rose bush. I cupped my mouth as my shoulders trembled with unexpressed laughter.

As the two of us finally got into position the person causing the footsteps came into view. It was a palace guard and some strange man who judging by the looks of his clothes and mood he gave off, he wasn't anyone of two much important. The guard looked around clutching the handle of his sword securely placed in its sheath that lay on his belt. Me and Roku exchange a curious look before turning back to the two mysterious visitors. "Finally, somewhere no damn royals are." The guard sighed releasing his hold on the sword and turning to his companion.

"Get on with it, we don't have much time." He ordered the man nodded hurriedly digging into a satchel and pulled out a small bottle. It was around the size of my thumb and contained a bark green liquid. I wrinkled nose as the man shuck the bottle its contents slashing about inside. "One drop, that's all it takes. One small drop and whoever has the misfortune of consuming it will die within an hour." The man snickered. The guests greedily took it examining the bottle in fascination.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you planning to use that on?" The man's asks star guests as he slipped in on his pocket. The guard rewrine Shia nose in digits. "I plan on eliminating Lord Soo-Won" I immodestly froze. I stomached breathing, blinking, thinking. I could hear Roku growl beside me brining me back from my trance. Without thinking I marched out of the bushes glaring at the two men. 

"I WONT LET YOU LAY A HAND ON HIM!"