Chapter 32

Louis is frantically typing on his phone to dial Tanvir’s number. He puts the phone on his ear and waits for her to pick it up. 

- Hello? says Tanvir’s voice through the phone. 
- Hi, Tanvir, it’s Louis Tomlinson, Cassandra’s boyfriend.

There’s a long silence. Louis waits, his eyebrows frowned. 

- Louis Tomlinson… she repeats slowly, pronouncing every syllable correctly.
- That’s my name… Louis replies. Uh, I just wanted to tell you, well uh, Cassandra has been at the hospital for a whole day now, she got in last night.
- Cass is at the hospital? she exclaims on the other side of the phone. What happened to her? Is she alright?
- Yes, she’s okay, don’t worry about her, Louis tells, not really willing to talk much about this delicate subject. But I didn’t call you for this. Actually, I want to talk about the ghost with you. 
- What? Tanvir says of a very surprised tone. How do you know about the ghost…?
- It’s a very, very long story… Louis awkwardly sighs. But it’s not the important. All the boys are awar of the wedding thing. And… I accept. 
- You… you accept? Seriously?
- Yes, I accept. But I’d need your help to prepare everything, everything will be happening tomorrow. We need rings, tuxedos and a dress for everything to look real. What do you think about going shopping for this today?
- With pleasure! Tanvir exclaims. I’m coming right away! 
- Tanvir, wait! Louis says before she hangs up. There’s one last thing I need to tell you… It’s an idea I got and that I’d like to become reality… 

***

One Direction and Tanvir are in a jewelry store. After travelling all of London’s streets and visiting every and any possible stores, after buying four alike tuxedos for Niall, Liam, Zayn and Harry and a different one for Louis, a majestic wedding dress chosen thoroughly by Tanvir and even shoes, they’re almost done with their shopping. 

They’re in the most luxurious jewellery store of London since more than 30 minutes and Louis is sticking his nose to the display windows to admire the rings with Tanvir. 

- I have to chose the most beautiful, Louis says while putting his chin on his fist. The ghost will really everything with our installation. Which one should I take, Tan? I’m scared to fail… 

Tanvir smiles widely.

- You have to take the one you feel the most, Tanvir explains. The one who’s really going to please. 

Louis puts his eyes on a pretty silver ring, adorned of a beautiful white diamond; a breathtaking jewelry. 

- This one, he finally says. Do you think she’ll like it?
- Yes, trust me, Tanvir replies, admiring the jewelry with bright eyes. 
- Are you done yet? Harry exclaims after a moment watching Louis and Tanvir examining the rings. It’s been ages we’re shopping! My feet hurt! We’re going to hunt a ghost, not going bungee! No need to do that much! Take a ring and that’s it, we’re just SIMULATING a wedding! 
- Harry! Liam immediately intervenes. You already forgot what we said?
- What? Harry asks, confused.
- Louis’ idea! Tanvir exclaims along with Niall, Liam and Zayn as Louis takes his chin off of his fist. 
- Oh yeah! Harry remembers. I’m sorry… uh… this one is amazing. She’ll love it. 
- You sure? 
- Certain! Zayn replies with enthusiasm. 
- Okay great, I’ll take it then, Louis tells with a huge smile on his face. I hope the ghost will stay away and won’t hurt Cassandra or anyone after all of that!

As Zayn drives the car to come back home, Louis dives into deep thoughts.

He’s wondering what would happen if the fake wedding doesn’t work out as planned. What if the ghost stays in his body forever? What if he discovers it’s not a real wedding? 

Louis doesn’t really want to think about it, he focuses on the positive points: Cassandra will be happy again, so he’s going to be a lot happier too. That’s all that matters to him, see the person he loves smile and enjoy life to the fullest. 

The boys arrive at home with Tanvir and give her an appointment for tomorrow, the moment of truth. 

*** 

I am very nervous. The time has come; it’s today the fake wedding between Alexus and Maria. 

Niall and Liam came to get me out from the hospital today because Zayn, Harry and Louis we’re preparing everything. The fake ceremony is going to take place in the spacious backyard.

I’m scared. Very scared. I’m scare dit gets out of hand, that the groom discovers it’S fake and that he decides to attack… Anything could go wrong. 

I’m in Louis’ room with Tanvir and she’s helping me putting on my dress. She’s combing my hair prettily and then puts a veil on my head, hiding my eyes. She throws it behind to show my eyes and smiles widely. 

- You’re stunning, she says with bright eyes. 
- Thank you, you too, I answer, smiling nicely. But, is it necessary to do that much? I mean, this dress it so beautiful! It must’ve cost so much! And those shoes and all these decorations outside… 
- Believe me, Tanvir says with a sweet voice. It’s worth it, you’ll be free and happy!

She hugs me tightly and we then go down the stairs to get to the veranda, where Liam is waiting for us, wearing a beautiful suit and tie. 

Tanvir stops, looks at me from head to toe, then opens her mouth: “

- Cass, you’re strong. Whatever happens, keep your head up. 

I whisper a little “thank you”, emotional, and she hugs me again before saying goodbye to Liam and I and getting out of the veranda to get in the backyard. 

- Ready? Liam asks after Tanvir left.

I take a deep breath and blink slowly. 

- Ready. Let’s stop that ghost once and for all.

Liam smiles and hands me his arm. I roll it up around my and with get out the veranda, ready to simulate the fake wedding.