Chapter 18

It’s about 7pm and Liam just got a call from Andy. He goes downstairs to find Niall, Zayn, Harry, Cassandra and Louis, all of them sitting on the sofa watching TV. 

- Hey everyone, he says. Andy just called me and he’s going to Funky Buddha. He invited me and he says you all can come.
Niall, Zayn, Harry and Louis accept the invitation but Cassandra refuses. 

- I don’t think I’ll have my place out there… she says. You can go, I’ll stay here. 
Louis sees the perfect opportunity. A night alone with Cassandra; maybe he’ll find the courage to tell her what he feels about her?

- If you don’t want to go I can stay with you, Louis suggests.
- No, Cassandra refuses. Go have fun.
Louis doesn’t want to listen to her.

- No, I’ll stay with you. We have a bunch of movies, we have endless things to do here. I can’t leave you here alone, come on! You can go boys, Cassandra and I are staying. 
Louis smiles widely and Cassandra blushes.

- Alright, see you later, Liam says.
Zayn approaches Cassandra and whispers in her ear;

- Be careful with the ghost, okay?
Louis stares at Zayn whispering in Cassandra’s ear and he gets really jealous. He takes Zayn’s shoulder and pushes him away.

- Bye, Zayn, Louis harshly says.
Zayn smirks and goes back to the to the other boys. They take their stuff and leave the house.

***

I’m in Louis’ bedroom with my phone in my hands. I want to call Tanvir so we can clear things out. 

I dial her number and wait for her to pick it up. 

- Hello?
- Tan? I say with a shy voice.
- CASS! she yells. Oh my God thanks lord you called me!
- Yes, Tan. I think I deserve explanations… Mr. Armstrong gave me your letter…
- Oh yeah, she replies. Cass, I can’t talk about it now, I’m working, you see? So can we set an appointment?
- Sure…
- So tomorrow I’m not working. Can you come tomorrow?
- Yes. See you at 11am in the café.
- Great, Tanvir says. I’m very glad you called back. I was so worried about you. Be careful, alright?
I whisper a little “sure” before hanging up.

A part of the weight on my shoulder is taken off. I feel better. 

Suddenly, somebody knocks at the bedroom’s door. Louis gets in.

- Hey, he says. Sorry for bothering you…
- It’s okay, I was done anyway, I reply, showing my phone. 
- So, you want to watch a movie? Louis offers with a convincing tone.
- Certainly!

Louis and I are on the couch and we’re watching the movie since a good time now.

We’re comfortably nestled under a blanket while eating some popcorn, but we’re not really watching the movie. 

I’m more enjoying his presence than enjoying the movie. It’s boring anyway… but Louis beside me feels so comforting. I feel so good, I’m almost forgetting the world. I’d like to stay like this forever.

Since Zayn told me Louis has a crush on me, I really realized how much he means to me and how much I love him. I never really wanted to admit it but… yes. I love him from the bottom of my heart.

The more time I spend with him, the more I realize how charming, beautiful and caring he is…

It’s true. If you really get to know him, he’s even more adorable. It’s even better than to be a fan… well, I think…

- Cass… Louis says after a long time. I wanted to say, you know… I’m sorry…
- Why are you sorry? I exclaim, suprised. You have nothing to blame yourself…
- Yes, actually, Louis tells with a sorry look. I’m sorry for making you live all of what’s going on. Liam and Niall’s wounds, the mirror and Harry vomiting everywhere… I know you’re going through hard times and I feel like I’m putting pressure on you with all of this…
- Louis, I cut. It’s not your fault. It’s just accidents, it happens. Everything that matters is that everyone is okay. 

***

Louis nods. Cassandra is right. He goes back to the TV and his heart starts to beat faster. 

He wants so much to reveal his feelings, here, right now. He feels so good, he feels so close to her… It’s the perfect moment! But his biggest fear is to learn she doesn’t love him back…

He has nothing to lose. His heart is throbbing. He turns to Cassandra and opens his mouth.

- Cassandra… I… I have to tell you something else…
- Go ahead, she replies with a serene tone.
Louis’ heart hit hard against his ribcage. He doesn’t know how to say it…

- I love you… 
Cassandra is confused. “I love you.” She was convinced Louis wouldn’t love her back… Maybe he meant this as friends..?

- You l-love me?
Louis’ heart beats so fast he can’t feel it. 

- Yes, Cassandra. I love you. Since The Suzanne Show. I’m madly in love with you…
Cassandra is really surprised. Yes, Louis really does love her, HER! :D

She doesn’t know how to react.

Louis looks at her impatiently, wanting her answer so badly. He finally sees her cheek blushing and a smirk cross her lips. 

It’s the green light he was waiting for. 

Louis smiles in turn and leans over Cassandra to delicately put his lips on hers. 

He finally kisses her. He had been waiting for this moment since so long.

Cassandra kisses Louis back, she feels so good. Her heart is so warm. 

Louis and Cassandra are kissing passionately, and cuddle each other for the rest of the movie. 

They don’t see the time pass and they fall asleep on each other, forgetting about everything else.

***
- Zayn you should be careful on how you act around Cassandra, Liam says while parking the car. 
- Why? Zayn asks while getting out of the car. 
- Louis is green with jealousy, Niall tells. 
- He thinks Cass and you are playing some “let’s fuck in the woods behind Louis’ back’’ games, Harry adds.
- Come on, I never did that with Cass! Zayn exclaims. I know he loves her, I’d never do that! We only went to buy bandages!
- I know, Liam says getting nearer the front door. But he loves her deeply and he’s scared to lose her, I guess. Now, be careful, it’s 2am, they’re probably already sleeping. 
Liam opens the door and they all get in. 

- As I can see, he finally succeed to get his girl, Zayn whispers while pointing to Louis and Cassandra sleeping one on the other on the couch.
He walks nearer to examine them.

- Wow it was fierce! Harry exclaims as he points out a broken vase on the ground, just beside Louis’ head resting few centimeters higher. Do you think she’ll be able to walk tomorrow?
- Harry, that vase was in the kitchen… Niall emphasizes. It’s impossible they could’ve broken it…
Zayn gets chills all over his body, an indescribable fear taking over his brain. He understands everything. He jumps on Louis and Cassandra to wake them up.

- WAKE UP!!! He yells while shaking them. COME ON, WAKE UP!!! 
- Zayn, what are you doing?!? Liam screams. You’re going to disturb them!
- What? Louis says with a morning voice. 
Cassandra wakes up in turn and looks at Zayn’s finger pointing out the broken vase on the floor, beside Louis’ head. 

- What is this vase doing there? Niall says.
- I don’t know… Louis explains. We didn’t take it out…
Cassandra looks at Zayn and both of them understand. They get goose bumps when they realize one and only person could’ve tried to smash Louis’ head with a vase; the groom.