Chapter 10

Louis is in front of the mirror with two shirts in his hands. He can't choose which one to wear to meet Cassandra. They didn't get a lot lf time to talk to each other the first time, and he hopes today will last longer.

Cassandra seems really, inaccessible, which attracts Louis a lot. He desires to know more about her. She caught his eye at the Suzanne Show and really wishes to get closer to her. 

Yesterday night, she called him for the first time. But she seemed very disturbed. Louis got really worried. 
Cassandra explained to him her house has been ransacked and that she doesn't have anything left and so he invited her over here to comfort her.

So, there he is, in his room, in front of the mirror, with two shirts in his hands, undecided. 

- Stripes? Or white shirt with suspenders? Louis whispers, putting the clothes in front of him so he can tell which one is better. Stripes..? Suspenders..? HARRY!
Louis hears footsteps in the stairs and Harry arrives in is room.

- What? Harry asks, leaning on the doorway. 
Louis turns towards him and shows him the two shirts. 

- Which one do I wear to meet Cassandra? Louis says, shaking the clothes. Stripes or suspenders?
- Lou! Harry says with sigh mixed with laughter. You're trying too much to impress her! Stay yourself. 
- Maybe you're right, Louis admits. But I still have to wear something! So, stripes or suspenders?!
- Stripes! Harry exclaims. Oh and hurry up, I think it's her. 
Indeed, the doorbell had just ring. Louis hurries up to put his shirt on and fixes his hair before quickly going down the stairs.

***

I click the doorbell and wait. I did my best to hide any proves I was crying. I really don't want to lose my credibility more than last time. 

But I'm still scared to burst out crying again. Louis invited me over to talk about my ransacked room. He won't understand. None of them will. If I tell them about the groom, they'll probably react the same way Tanvir did...

I patiently wait until the door finally opens. Liam is in the doorway and kindly invites me in. 

- Hello, Cassandra! He says, smiling radiantly. Come in! 
He lets me in. I see Zayn and Niall sitting on the couch, both of them watching TV. I am really shy; I'm not used to see my idols from so close! 

- Louis! Liam screams. Cassandra is here! 
I see Harry slowly going down the stairs. He gets nearer to me. 

- Hell- AAH!
Louis went down the stairs quickly and had push Harry to be in front of the first. 

- Hello! he says opening his arms to hug me. Glad to see you! 
- Hi, I say while blushing and hugging him. Same here...
- Do you feel better? he asks, looking at me beautifully with his majestic blue eyes. 
- Uh, yes, a bit better, I answer, looking at the ground to not betray myself.
Actually, I wasn't better at all. What happened at the hotel put my moral down. I still force myself to keep smiling. 

Louis seems detecting that I didn't really tell the truth. 

- Take a seat, he says, taking me to the living room. 
I sit down next to Zayn and Louis sits on the couch in front of us, along with Harry and Liam. 

- So, can you tell us what happened to you yesterday? Niall asks. Louis seemed really troubled he couldn't do anything to help you out. 
- NIALL! Louis exclaims, throwing a pillow at him.
Niall burst out laughing. I put a tiny smile on my face before Liam ends up Niall's speech. 

- So, you want to tell us? We could help you... he says with a charming smile. 
- Actually, uh... I begin. 
Just thinking about it hurts me. Plus, I need to choose delicately every words I say to avoid the ghost in the whole story. 

I'm going to lie directly in their faces. In what did I get in? The boys are looking at me carefully. I close my eyes, breathe deeply then open my mouth. 

- I came back home from work yesterday night and... uh... I create up as I talk. And ALL my house had been ransacked! The furniture was all down and everything was destroyed... Tanvir and I couldn't live there anymore so we both left. She went to her parents' house and I went to a hotel. I was so desperate, I had to talk to someone and the first person to pop up in my mind was Louis so... that's it... 
The boys look at me, bewildered. 
- And you're alright, the thieves didn't hurt you?! Louis asks. You weren't there when the thieves were? Because they were probably stealing!
- Uh... No... I say. The... thieves didn't hurt me. 
I feel very awkward because actually I know it wasn't people stealing or something else... 

- Is there something we can do for you? Liam asks. Do you need somewhere to sleep and eat?
- No, I refuse, shaking my hands. Thank you, sincerely, but I still have my job so I should technically be alright. 
Liam nods. I smile nicely. 

- Did you call the police? Harry asks. 
- NO! I immediately answer. No... uh, absolutely not the police. Everything's ok, I promise...
- Why not? Niall says. It would be the best way to stop the thieves...
- No, I swear... I say feeling my cheeks turning red again. 
- Maybe they weren't thieves, Zayn suddenly says after a long time without talking. It was maybe a ghost. 
- WHAT?! I scream, panicked. A ghost?! Noooooo! Pfffff, not a ghost! You're so silly! Hahahaha...
I nervously laugh. Why Zayn would've said this so randomly? Does he know something?!

- Zayn! Louis says, a bit overwrought. It's serious, you know!
- I was just kidding, Zayn replies, laughing. 
I look at the ground, embarrassed.

- Well, I think it's enough, Louis cuts. Cassandra, what do you think about going out? 
At the same moment, I see a white pearl head going through the wall above Louis. I immediately recognize the groom's wound in the neck. 

I get uncontrollable goosebumps. I quickly swallow and hurry to accept his invitation to leave this place surrounded by this spirit. 

- Yes! Of course! I say, staring at the groom. 
Louis looks above himself, where the groom is floating. He turns to Liam and both of them shrug their shoulders, not getting why I'm staring up there.

- Let's go, Louis announces. 
We both get up and leave the house. Before going through the door, I look one last time at the groom and show him my tongue, him screaming so shrill, it's like an ultrasound.