Chapter 26

We’re in the car to go to the beach. I think it’s a very good idea. We’ll change our mind and we’ll relax, nothing better.

Plus, Louis seems to feel very good today. He’s not feeling low and he seems very energetic. 

Finally arrived, the beach is empty. There’s no one else than us, it’s really calm. Only the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. So serene. 

We put the towels and the parasols on the ground and as soon as we’re done, Niall, Zayn, Harry and Liam jump in the water and Louis and I stay comfy under the parasol. 

We’re lying, one beside the other. 

- It really was a great idea to come, Louis says. The beach is always relaxing.
- Indeed, I reply. And you’re feeling better?
- Oh yes, Louis exclaims. I don’t understand why I was so sick… I’m sorry I imposed you all of this…
Louis has a guilty look.

- Don’t worry, I say, leaving a kiss on his cheek. All I want is you to feel better.
I look at the boys having fun playing in the water. I turn my head to Louis.

- Lou, tell me, do you remember what happened yesterday?
I can see Louis’ forehead wrinkle and his eyebrows frown. 

- I remember I was lying on the couch… He remembers. Oh and before this I was in my bed and Harry was sitting beside the bed… He told me you left but after I have a huge blank… I’m so sorry, I don’t understand why I have such a big blank, I can’t remember at all… To be honest I don’t remember much things lately… 
- Probably tiredness, I simply tell him just to reassure him. 
- You’re probably right…
I’m relieved but still a bit disappointed to know Louis doesn’t remember anything at all. He doesn’t know what he did to me… well… the ghost, actually…

I still don’t dare telling him. He won’t believe me and I’m scared he rejects me after…

- Are you okay, baby? Louis asks me after a moment of reflection. 
- Oh, yeah… I was lost in my deep thoughts.
Louis leans over and kisses my lips lightly. We stay like this for a good moment before he pulls away from me. 

- I’m burning right now, Louis says with laughter. Are you coming in the water?
I don’t even have time to reply that he takes me in his arms and runs into the water to join the boys.

- Louis, what are you doing! I exclaim with laughter as well when he arrives in the water. 
A wave comes to us and submerges both of us. Still in his arms, we come back to the surface, wet from head to toes. We burst out laughing. 

He puts me on my feet and Niall splashes water in our direction. Louis and I reply by splashing more water in his direction. A water war finally starts.

Harry joins our side and we fiercely throw water at Liam, Niall and Zayn. It’s so hilarious, even more water every time and everyone’s laughing.

It had been a long time I laughed like this.

It’s when Harry throws himself on Zayn and make him fall on his back in the water that the game changes a little bit. 

Everybody is running after everyone and make them lose their balance. Louis starts running after me. I run as fast as I can even though the water’s strength makes me go slower, but Louis finally succeeds to get near me. Instead of making me fall down, he grabs me in his arms, laughing gleefully and makes me spin. I laugh in turn and he puts me back on the water.

Louis gets his face near mine and kisses me passionately. 

- I’m getting hungry, Niall says, walking up to Louis and I in the water. 
- Me too… I say. We can go eat, we brought loads of food.
- I’m not very hungry, Louis says. 
- Me neither, Harry announces. 
- Well you can stay in the ocean, Liam says. We’ll eat, we’ll come back later, we’re just on the beach. 
We leave the water and as soon as we’re gone, Louis and Harry start a new water fight. 

Zayn, Niall, Liam and I get back to where we left our stuff when we arrived.

- So we have a lot of things, what do you want?
I hear the screams of Harry and Louis playing in the water like two kids behind me. Hearing them having fun like this makes me giggle. 

Niall searches in the bag and takes out sandwiches. Liam does the same, after Zayn then myself. We start eating calmly, Louis and Harry’s screams as loud as the beginning making me laugh. 

- It’s weird, I say after few minutes sitting with the boys and eating. The boys are not screaming anymore…
I abruptly turn around, suddenly panicked. 

- HARRY!!!!!
I drop my sandwich on the sand and sprint to the water, followed by Zayn, Niall and Liam. 

- LOUIS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?
What we’re seeing is surreal. 

Louis is standing in the water, his both hands on Harry’s head, this one underwater. Harry is moving his arms frantically, lacking air into his lungs and trying to come back to the surface. But Louis keeps his hands on his head and pushing him into the water, literally drowning him. 

I run in the water and throw myself on Louis. I immediately see his white eyes staring in the nothingness and realize it’s another game from the ghost. 

Liam and Niall rush to Harry, screaming their heads off, and they pull on each of his arms to take him out of underwater. 

Zayn and I are pulling on Louis’ hands to remove them from Harry’s head.

- LOUIS, TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF OF HARRY HE’S GOING TO DIE! Liam yells, pulling even harder on Harry’s arm. HE’S CHOKING!!! LOUIS!!!
I seem to lost all control and I don’t know what to do anymore. I have to take the ghost out of Louis’ body and fast!

I can see the water around Harry’s head forming bubbles. He keeps on fighting to come back up and breathe. 

I punch Louis at every places I can reach as Zayn is still pulling hard on Louis’ hands and as Niall and Liam are completely panicking. 

- Cassandra, do something!! Niall exclaims, understanding the ghost’s cheap shot. He’s going to die, he’s suffocating!! 
- Liam, go get a bag! I exclaim, hitting Louis.
- A BAG?! WHY A BAG?!
- GO GET A FUCKING BAG, LIAM! YOU WANT HARRY TO SURVIVE OR NOT?!
Liam runs away to get a plastic bag and immediately comes back. 

When I see Harry’s moves are getting sloppy, I get an incredible rush of adrenaline. 

Anger rushes to my head and then… I explode. 

- ALEXUS CORDELL!!! I scream at the top of my lungs, the anger growing up even more in my stomach. YOU GET OUT OF THEM NOW!!! MARIA IS TALKING TO YOU RIGHT NOW!! YOU OBEY RIGHT NOW!!

Everybody freezes. The bubbles Harry is making are getting less numerous. Suddenly, Louis releases his head. 

Harry rapidly pulls his head out of the water, gasping for air and breathing heavily. His hair is falling on his eyes and his face is completely blue. 

Nialls drags him back on the beach as I snatch the bag from Liam’s hands and put it in front of Louis.

He throws up in it, gets weak and collapses in the ocean, unconscious.