Chapter 25

Harry is sitting next to the bed and is watching carefully after Louis. He put a cold wet towel on his forehead to relax him. Harry is very worried, Louis seems very sick. He’s whispering few words to cheer him up in his ear when Louis suddenly wakes up with a jump. 

- Harry?! He screams. What am I doing here?! Where’s Cassandra?! I slept for how many time..? We had to go shopping!
Harry makes him lay down again and puts back the wet cold towel on his forehead. 

- She’s gone, Harry says, passing his hand through his hair. 
- Oh… where? Louis asks, a bit disappointed.
- Uh…
Harry doesn’t really dare to tell him she went over Tanvir’s house with Zayn. Louis becomes so jealous when it comes up to this, he always thinks Zayn is playing in his back with Cassandra.

- Cassandra is at Tanvir’s house… Harry says. Uh, she left with… Zayn. 
Louis automatically closes back his eyes and his body starts to shake violently. Harry opens wide eyes, surprised. 

Louis opens back his eyes, but his pupils have disappeared. Harry, suddenly very scared, jumps off of his chair. 

Louis gets up the bed and heads to the door. Harry runs to him and holds him by the hips. 

- No, Louis! You stay here, you have to rest!
- MARIA! Louis screams, fighting against Harry’s embrace. KILL!
- What?! Harry ponders, pulling harder on Louis’ waist to make him come back in the bed. No, come on now! 
But Louis keeps on walking with a decided mind, dragging Harry behind him who’s still holding him tightly by his hips. 

- LOUIS! STOP NOW! Harry screams, pulling behind even harder but without sucess. 
He’s holding Louis firmly, but he keeps on going forward, making Harry slide on his feet. 

Louis goes down the stairs furiously. 

- LIAM! Harry yells at the top of his lungs. LIAM, NIALL COME HELP ME! LOUIS WON’T LISTEN TO ME!
Harry holds him even harder, wrapping his hands around Louis’ waist, his head resting on his lower back. 

Liam runs to them and takes Louis’ arm, Louis walking to the entrance door. 

- LOUIS! Liam shouts, holding him back with all his strength. STOP YOU HAVE TO GET SOME REST! BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NIALL COME HELP US! 
Louis groans and keeps on going forward. Liam let go his arm and hangs on his leg. 

- NIALL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! 

Niall arrives beside them and stands in front of Louis. He automatically understands that the ghost is in him. Niall is just flabbergasted, it’s the first time he sees the ghost possessing someone! It’s terrifying! 

Niall pushes on Louis’ torso but he STILL keeps on going forward! Suddenly, Niall remembers something Cassandra had told him: “the only way to get rid of the ghost when he possesses someone it’s to punch this person in a weak spot”.

Niall takes his hands off of Louis’ torso and he steps back just a bit. He puts both of his fists in front of himself, takes a deep breath and throws his foot directly in Louis’ crotch. 

He automatically stops going forward and falls on his knees. Niall sees Louis’ eyes coming back to normal.

Liam lets go his leg and Harry his waist. Louis puts his palms to the ground, has a violent retch and pukes in front of himself.

***

Coming back home was very quiet. I don’t want to talk about reality. The only way to get rid of the groom is to marry him? It’s an unthinkable thing! HE’S DEAD!

- Zayn… Do you really think it’s the only possibility we’ve got?
Zayn takes a deep breath. 

- Cass, there’s not 26 solutions, he explains. It’s the only Tanvir found and I personally thin it makes sense… It’s a groom and he wants to get married to go to the upper world. You’re the chosen one, you’re the only one who can fix it all. 
I sigh. Zayn is right… But I’m not really ready for this.

Zayn turns the corner of the street and enters the parking of the house. 

I hurry to get out of the car and open the front door. The first thing I see when I get in; Louis on the ground puking, Liam, Niall and Harry all around him.

- LOUIS!
I crouch down next to him. 

- What are you doing there?! Why aren’t you in bed…
- WHERE WERE YOU?!
Louis grabs me by the neck and lifts me up. He strangles me and pushes me on the wall. My feet are no longer touching the ground. 

- YOU WERE STILL WITH HIM, UH!? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS GONE?! 
My breath cuts and I trying my best to make Louis a.k.a the groom step away from me but it doesn’t work. 

Liam, Harry, Niall and Zayn jump on Louis so he can let me go. Zayn punches him in the back and I see Louis’ pupils come back slowly. He lets me go, falls back on his knees and pukes again. I stare at him for a moment, my throat burning and hurting like hell, getting back some air into my lungs and my eyes full of tears. 

I look at all of the boys one by one then run upstairs before bursting out crying. 

***
Zayn and Niall lift Louis from the ground after he threw up and make him sit on the sofa. They join Harry and Liam who have their arms crossed. They seem disturbed and angry.

- What’s happening to him?! Liam exclaims when Niall and Zayn are beside them. 
- I don’t know, he was upstairs and I said Cassandra was gone and he just blew up… Harry explains. 
- He tried to kill her… Liam says. It’s not really his type to be so aggressive!
The four boys look at Louis’ immobile body on the sofa.

- Everything that’s happening is not normal… Liam says. I don’t understand a thing… 
- Same for me, Harry tells. I can’t recognize Louis anymore! He’s so weird and he’s always sick…

Niall and Zayn share a gaze. The boys will discover everything one day or another… But they prefer to not give them clues on what’s going on for now. 

- And you don’t say anything, Niall? Liam suddenly exclaims. Weren’t you the one who thought everything wasn’t normal from the beginning? Say something, help me!
- Sorry… Niall says, looking at Zayn from the corner of his eye. You told me yourself to stop, because it was stupid. 
Liam rolls his eyes.

- And even Cassandra is not feeling very good… 
- She seems so aghast of everything that’s happening, Harry says. Maybe it’s because she stressed out to find a new job or because she lost her house?
Harry turns to Zayn just like he wanted him to agree on what he just said. 

Zayn only nods because he knows exactly what’s going on with Louis and Cassandra. He feels very bad because he can’t tell anything. 

- They should just relax… Liam says. I think we all need to relax.
- Good idea, Harry, Niall and Zayn approve. 
- We should all go to the beach tomorrow. All day long, Liam announces. We’ll relax and everyone is going to be happy. 

The boys all approve with a nod and Zayn hurries upstairs to tell the new to Cassandra.