Chapter 13

The dinner with One Direction yesterday was delicious. I was very glad they invited me to stay. They're really charming and hilarious. 

Louis didn't take his eyes off of me for the whole time. He embarrassed me a bit... I don't know. It's so cute how he acts with me. But Zayn scares the hell out of me. He told me "he's not upstairs, don't worry." I don't understand anything. 

It was still and amazing evening.

- You really saw them again?!
Sami is the only friend I have at work. I love her but she's getting on my nerves all the time. She talks way too much and way too long! I'll probably never see her in other cases than work.

Sami is a Directioner too and she just can't get over the fact I've been chosen at the Suzanne Show to meet the boys. She thinks it's a dream and she's just amazed to hear what I did yesterday with them.

- Yes, I say while patiently waiting for the end of my break to go back to work. I went on a walk with Louis... we ate an ice cream...
- No! I can't believe it! Sami exclaims, excited. How are they? You took something from them as a souvenir?!
- They're great, I answer thinking about all their kindness when it came up to my "ransacked" house. And no, I won't take something as souvenir! We're good friends now. When you know them, I swear Sami, they're really amazing. They're lovable and caring. They’re still my idols, the ones who helped me... but they're now my friends and that's why I talk to them... well, I think...
- I am so happy for you! Sami exclaims again. Tell them hi for me! You know I'd really like to be at your place, I just don't have as luck as you do...
- The break is over, I say, cutting her from speaking. Let's go, we have orders to give to the tables. 
Sami and I are heading to the kitchen. Strangely, today, the boss is here. I go near him to say hi and he announces with a serious tone; 

- I'm here to evaluate you, do like I wasn't here. 
I nod and the cooks give us plates.

- Table 74, one of the cooks tells me. 
I nod again and I head to the table, Sami and the boss behind me. 

I finally arrive at table 74, my hands full of plates. The clients can't wait to have their food. I delicately lean forward to put the plates on the tables when suddenly, all of the plates fly off of my hands and land on the clients, splashing them with food and breaking the dishes. 

I put my hands over my mouth, I don't understand at all what just happened. But as soon as I see the head of the groom beside a client, it all gets clear in my head.

- CASSANDRA! yells the boss. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
- AAAAH! screams one of the clients. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I'M DONE WITH THIS!
- But Sir... I say with a little voice. I didn't do it on purpose...
- YOU'RE FIRED
I feel my heart stop. Everything around me becomes dark, I can't breathe.

- W-what? I stutter. I am...
- FIRED! TAKE YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE! NOW! 
Sami looks at me looking so bewildered. I put my hands back on my mouth to prevent from screaming my lungs out and I run to grab my bag. I then run on the outside of the restaurant. 

It's dark, it's late and it's raining cats and dogs. I run to my car, my eyes filled up with water. 

I just lost my job. How am I supposed to pay my nights at the hotel and my gasoline now? 

And right now my car indicates there's almost no more gasoline. I drive to the hotel, trying to contain the tears into my eyes. 

Finally there, I get to my room. I take the key to open the door.

- AAAAAH! 
A young couple is sitting on the bed of my hotel room, they're kissing.

- WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! screams the young man. 
- Wrong room, sorry...
What are they doing in my room? I go down to get to the reception. 

- Hi, I say to the woman at the reception, trying to hide my voice fill of tears. Uh, there was somebody in my room...
- What room and your name please, miss? she asks me.
I tell her and she verifies in her computer.

- I'm sorry, miss, she tells me. Your journey is over. I'd like you to give me back the key please. 
- But... I stutter, the tears falling on my cheeks. I have nowhere else to sleep, I have no more money, I just lost my job...
- Your journey is over, she repeats, heartless.
I give her key back and get out the hotel. I cry harder.

- What do I do now... it's your fault you stupid groom!..
As the rain falls hard on me, a voice echoes through my mind. 

“Is there something we can do for you? Do you need somewhere to sleep and eat?”

- LIAM! I exclaim.
I take my phone to call Louis but it rings in my hand before I can dial. I pick it up.

- Hello?
- Cass? Finally! You picked it up!
- Tanvir? I say, astounded.
- Yes, Cass! She says with hurried voice. Listen to me, okay, I talked with your therapist and…
- TANVIR IF YOU CALLED ME TO MAKE FUN OF ME AGAIN, WELL GOODBYE. I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU.
- No! Cassandra wait you don’t…
Then it cuts. My phone says “charge”.

- That’s just my luck, I say looking at the dark sky, the rain falling hard on my face. How am I supposed to call Louis now?!
I decide to go to their house without warning them. I think they’ll understand…

I go back in my car and try to start it. Nothing. I try again a few times and still nothing. There’s no more gasoline. I launch my head on the wheel. 

- WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG NOW?!?!
I cry harder as I get out of the car. With my purse in my hand, sobbing like an idiot, I’m walking alone under the freezing rain to get to Louis’ house, miles away from the hotel, singing lightly between few sobs:

-Shut the door... turn the light off...