Chapter 19

This morning I wake up really early. It’s only 6am and I go down the stairs to go into the kitchen. I had terrifying nightmares all night long. But I don’t remember what they were…

It was the first time Louis and I slept in the same bed. Was it only because it was too late when we went to bed after the boys came back or just because we wished it? 

I don’t really know what to think.

Comfortably nestled in Louis’ hoodie, I’m making myself a bowl of cereal and sit in the living room’s couch. 

I think about last night. Are we a couple or Louis only kissed me to kiss me? I’m so confused.

And the ghost, the vase. He tried to smash Louis’ head with it…

I’m starting to really wonder what kind of message he’s trying to tell. It’s annoying to know I probably have the solution right under my nose but that I am simply no able to solve the puzzle. 

As I eat my cereals while day dreaming, I hear the stairs crack. It’s Zayn. He’s going down the stairs while yawning and joins me on the couch.

- What are you doing up at this hour? I ask Zayn when he sits down lazily. 
- The question is actually what are YOU doing up at this hour? Zayn replies with a sleepy voice.
- I couldn’t sleep anymore, I say, shaking my head. I had nightmares all night… 
Zayn looks at me with a strange look. His hair is a mess on top of his head.

- Weird… I had horrible nightmares too…
I take another bite of my bowl of cereal and Zayn yawns again. We’re alone and I think it’s the perfect moment to talk about yesterday night. 

- Zayn, I’m really scared with this ghost… I say after few bites. He tried to kill Louis…
- I really don’t know why… Zayn says. It’s so strange…
- You said he was maybe trying to tell me a message? But what could he be trying to say?
- When I was younger, I lived in a haunted house, Zayn explains. A woman wouldn’t stop torturing another woman. They were spirits. I understood later that the first woman was trying to estrange the second woman away from her husband by torturing her. 
- Where do you want to come? I ask. 
- Well, maybe the ghost is trying to estrange us away from his beloved?
- His beloved? Who? Me? I ask. It’s not me!
- I don’t know, Zayn says. But it seems like he want to take you away from everyone and anyone. With the ice cream maybe he thought Louis wouldn’t be attracted over you? And the other day with Harry. I automatically understood it was something made up by the ghost. He made the door slam upstairs and he wanted Louis to get up so you two would be separated. I went for him but the groom was smarter than me. He possessed Harry then yeah. But, the vomit I have no idea… Sincerely, sorry for this part. 
Zayn laughs a bit. 

- But yes… the vomit… I whisper.
- The vomit? Zayn repeats. What’s so exciting about this vomit?
- The housemaid at the hotel also threw up after the ghost possessed her… Maybe it’s a sign? Maybe they’re sick after he possessed them… That’s why Harry threw up, it wasn’t because of the raspberries! 
- Probably… Zayn says. It’s not everyday we get possessed, our body is not used to it…
At the same time, Niall is going down the stairs, yawning.

- Our body is not used to what? Niall asks as he sits down next to Zayn.
- To… uh… drinking too much milk, Zayn improvises. You just upchuck when you drink too much of it, pretty fascinating, isn’t it?
- Indeed… Niall replies, checking out Zayn like he was just some insane psycho.
- Why aren’t you sleeping, Niall? I ask.
- Oh, my scratch was burning like a camp fire, no jokes, Niall replies. It’s incredible, it was hurting so much.
- Is it better now? I worry while sharing a look with Zayn.
- A bit better, Niall answers. And it’s my turn to ask questions. So, what’s going on between you and Louis?
Zayn and Niall are looking at me with enthusiasm.

- Uh… I stutter a bit confused. 
- Something really happened? Nialll says, thirsty to know.
- Well, uh… Maybe…
I’m saved by the crack of the staris, announcing Liam’s arrival.

- Oh my God, he complaims, sitting in the seat. I couldn’t sleep… my scratches where burning so intensely…
- Strange, MINES too… Niall underlines.
- Stop it, Niall, Liam says, rubbing his arm.
And now, Harry goes down the stairs. Weird, it seems like nobody could sleep…

He sits on the empty place next to Niall then talks.

- What were you guys talking about?
- That wasn’t too important…
- About Louis and Cassandra yesterday night! Niall cuts me on an exciting tone. We want to know what happened!!!!!
- No… I say, shyly. I’m not really comfortable talking about it…
- Come on, we’re his four best mates, Harry says, We deserve to know, don’t we?
They all smile like idiots, waiting for me to talk.

- We only kissed… I finally succeed to say.
- And then you “fell asleep” on each other, Zayn says with a wink.
- Yes… We only slept after this it…
I look down of embarrassment. 

- Cass, Liam says. We’re just happy for you two. You don’t know how hard he loves you. After the Suzanne Show, you were the only subject of conversation he was able to keep on talking about for HOURS. It still is, actually. 
- She has such beautiful eyes! Harry says with Louis’ particularly well done imitation voice. I could dive in them just like an ocean…
- And his golden hair makes me dream… Niall mimics in turn. 
- Did you see how she talked to me? Her voice was so bewitching… Zayn mimics too.
- I think he was a bit shy on this subject at first, Liam explains. But he was just unable to not talk about you.
- Oh...
My heart is warm. So it’s real… Louis loved me too since the beginning…

- And you are a couple? Niall asks, the question that was burning his lips since the beginning.
- I’m not sure of anything right now…
We all laugh as Louis goes down the stairs.

- Why are you all laughing like this? He asks coming into the living room.
He directly sits next to me, whispers a little “good morning” in my ear with his familiar smirk the kisses my lips to finally wrap his arm around my neck. 

The boys laugh even harder, which makes me also laugh.

- Why are you laughing? Louis repeats, laughing a bit himself. 
- For nothing, the boys answer.
- Alright. So, what are you doing today? Louis asks me. 
- I have to go see Tanvir and I’d like to go get my car at the hotel… I reply.
- I’ll come with you, Louis says as he kisses my nose. 
He looks at the boys and turns back to me. 

My smile turns into fear. Louis’ pupils just disappeared…

His eyes are completely white. Oh no, the ghost is into him!

- I’ll take you there… Louis whispers with an evil look.
I awkwardly smile when, suddenly, his pupils come back. Just like nothing happened, everything comes back to normal.

- Ow… My head… he exclaims.
- You okay, mate? Harry worries.
- Yeah, yeah, Louis replies. I had like a stun for a minute… but I’m alright. 
I look at Zayn and we share a gaze meaning everything. He nods; he understood. 

- Well, uh… Cass, Louis says while massaging his forehead. We leave when you’re ready.