Chapter 27

Liam opens the door violently. Niall runs in, holding the unconscious Harry in his arms. He’s followed by Cassandra and Zayn, both of them holding the unconscious Louis in their arms. 

They rush upstairs and put Harry and Louis in their own beds. 

Zayn goes back downstairs to join Liam. 

- But what is going on?! Liam exclaims, his arms crossed together when Zayn arrives in front of him. WHAT’S GOING ON?! I WANT EXPLANATIONS!! 
- I don’t know! Zayn lies. Don’t yell at me!
- NO ZAYN! Liams shouts loudly. IT’S ABNORMAL! LOUIS ALMOST KILLED HARRY! HE’S SICK! 
- They were only playing… Zayn says.
- THEY WERE ONLY PLAYING?!? ZAYN, LOUIS TRIED TO DROWN HARRY! HE NEVER SHOWED SUCH AN EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE! IT’S IMPOSSIBLE! HE’S NOT OKAY! 
Niall runs down the stairs to get to Liam and Zayn. 

- NIALL! Liam screams. EXPLAIN ME EVERYTHING! WHAT’S GOING ON?!? YOU THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS ODD AND YOU ALSO SAID YOU’D FIND WHAT WAS WRONG! AND YOU NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT AGAIN, YOU INEVITABLY FOUND IT! WHAT’S WRONG?!? TELL ME!!!
- Liam, I didn’t find anything, Niall lies. I stopped talking about it because you told me yourself it was stupid. 
Suddenly, the boys hear violent sobs coming from upstairs. Niall shares a loom with Zayn and runs upstairs. 

- NIALL HORAN!!! Liam shouts. COME BACK HERE!! I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU!!!
But Niall has already climbed up the stairs. He follows the sound of the sobs. They guide him to the bathroom, where he finds Cassandra, sitting on the ground, crying her heart out.

- Cassandra, what’s wrong?
- EVERYTHING NIALL! She cries in between few sobs. DO YOU HEAR THEM DOWNSTAIRS? IT’S ALL MY FAULT!
Niall listens carefully and hears Liam and Zayn yelling at each other just like they were right beside him. 

- I KNOW YOU’RE AWARE OF SOMETHING ZAYN MALIK!!! Liam screams at the top of his lungs, like Niall never heard him scream before. 
- LIAM YOU’LL GET OVER IT NOW! Zayn replies with a fiercely strong. IT’S JUST A SERIES OF UNPLEASANT COINCIDENCES!!
- OH YEAH AND WHO’S THAT “ALEXUS CORDELL” AND THAT “MARIA” CASSANDRA WAS TALKING ABOUT???
- I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA! SHE ONLY SCREAMED THOSE NAMES TO SCARE LOUIS!!
- It’s all my fault… Cassandra whispers, burying her head in her knees and crying like a baby. 
- It’s not your fault… Niall says, sitting next to her.
- YES NIALL! IT’S MY FAULT! HARRY ALMOST DIED, LOUIS IS SICK AS A DOG, ZAYN IS LYING IN FRONT OF HIS FRIEND AND LIAM GOT MAD! IF I WASN’T THERE, NOTHING OF THAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED! 
Cassandra sobs violently. Niall still hears Liam and Zayn’s fight downstairs. 

- I’LL TAKE BOTH OF THEM TO THE HOSPITAL EVEN THOUGH YOU WANT OR NOT! Liam shouts. THEY’RE BOTH AILING! 
- LIAM YOU’RE WAISTING YOUR TIME! Zayn yells back. THEY’RE FEELING VERY GOOD!
- AND BY THE WAY, THOSE SCRATCHES WE HAVE, YOU DON’T HAVE THEM!? IT’S STRANGE, ISN’T IT?! WHATEVER YOU DO “MR. LIFE IS CHILL AND EVERYTHING’S ALRIGHT” I’M TAKING BOTH OF THEM AT THE HOSPITAL! THEY NEED HELP!
- YOU’RE NOT TAKING THEM ANYWHERE, DR. PAYNE! Zayn yells, standing in front of the stairs to stop Liam from going upstairs and take Harry and Louis to the hospital. 

Niall bites his lip. He never heard Liam and Zayn being SO angry and screaming like this. To be honest, he never saw them angry. It’s almost frightening to hear them yelling like they’re doing right now. 

Niall turns to Cassandra and she wails when she hears Zayn and Liam insulting each other. 

- YES YOU LITTLE BAG OF SHIT, I WANT THE GOOD FOR THEM, THEY’LL BE TREATED IN HOSPITAL! GET OUT THE WAY!!
- YOU’RE NOT TAKING THEM ANYWHERE, THEY DON’T NEED HELP YOU MOTHERFUCKER! 
- They’ll get over it… Niall says while rubbing Cassandra’s back.
- Niall you don’t seem to get it… Cassandra weeps. They won’t get over it if I don’t leave or don’t do anything… Look what I’m doing to you all… 

Niall doesn’t know what to answer. He doesn’t want Cassandra to leave, it’s not the solution! He really loves her as a friend, there’s probably another way to solve everything… 

- GET OFF THE WAY!!!! Liam exclaims, facing Zayn from so close. 
- I WON’T LET YOU GO!!! Zayn retorts, pushing Liam behind. 
- DON’T TOUCH ME YOU FUCKING CUNT!!!! Liam yells. 
It’s like someone else had taken possession of Liam. He yelled so loudly, no one ever saw him being so angry in his entire life. 

Suddenly, Cassandra jumps on her feet, runs out the bathroom and runs down the stairs. Niall follows her. 

- WELL IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO TOUCH YOU DON’T GET CLOSER TO ME!!
- WELL WILL YOU LET ME GO OR NOT???!!!
Cassandra stops at the half of the stairs, her face covered with salty tears.

- STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead silence. Cassandra screamed 10 times louder than Liam and Zayn’s voice combined. 

Both of them and Niall are petrified. Cassandra goes down the few last stairs and stands between Liam and Zayn. 

- IT’S NOT BY YELLING AND INSULTING EACH OTHER THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE SOLVED!! Cassandra shouts, crying like she never cried before. IT’S NOT BY YELLING AND INSULTING EACH OTHER THAT’S YOU’LL HELP LOUIS, NOR HARRY NOR ANYBODY! YOU’RE HELPING NOTHING RIGHT NOW!!

Cassandra is breathing heavily and sniffles while looks successively Zayn and Liam through her tears. 

She turns around, grabs her keys, runs to the front door and slams the door behind her, leaving the boys behind, three of them still silent and in shock.