Chapter 16

I took a shower and I feel better. My nose is still clogged and my head and throat are still hurting but I feel better morally.

Talking about all of my problems with Zayn really made me feel better. If there’s a problem with the ghost, I can talk about it with someone who understands me now. I am so relieved.

Zayn gave me the newspaper so I can look for a job in it. So I sit at the kitchen table and flip the pages. Up to now, there’s nothing really interesting. Nothing scares me but the choice are just really not inviting.

After few minutes, I hear the front door open. I don’t really care about it and I keep reading. I lean on my fist, desperate to find something interesting.

Suddenly, a hand drops on my shoulder, which makes me jump.

- Hi, a voice whispers in my ear.
I turn my head and I see Louis leaned over me, grocery bags in his hands. Liam, Niall and Harry enter the kitchen and put the bags on the table.
- Louis! You scared me… I say.
- Sorry, he apologies while laughing and sitting next to me.
Niall and Liam are emptying the bags and Harry opens a pint of raspberries. 

- What are you doing? Louis asks me as he points the newspaper.
- Oh, I’m searching for a job, I reply. I have to get one if I want to pay my house’s repairs, don’t you think?
- I think so, Louis says. But you can stay here as long as you need it.
- Thanks… But answer this question; how can you go to the grocery store and come back safe? I mean, everybody knows who you are. 
They burst out laughing.

- People can’t really run after us in a grocery store… Harry answers.
- They’re getting used, I think, Louis tells.
I laugh in turn.

- So, Niall. How’s your wound going?
- Better, Niall replies while emptying another bag. It’s healing well, just like yours, weird, isn’t it?
- Niall! Liam exclaims.
Liam stops laughing and emptying bags. 

- Stop with all of this! It’s stupid what you’re saying!
- I’m sure it’s not a normal wound we have! Niall says. Why would she have this and then few days later I have the same exact thing as her when I’m talking about her? It’s not normal. I know it and I’ll prove it. 
- It’s pathetic, Liam insists.
He ends up emptying the bags and leaves the kitchen.

- No it’s not! Niall retorts, following Liam out the kitchen.
- Well… Louis says while rubbing the back of his head. Sorry for this, Cass… He’s kind of… disturbed. 
- Not, it’s okay, I reply.

I don’t want to say more because I know Niall has a good point. I really don’t know why the groom scratch us like this but I know it’s not normal. 

- I’m really thankful for all of what you’re doing for me, I say after an awkward silence. For making me sleep here and all of this stuff… Really, thank you. 
I can see Louis blush.
- No problem, He only says. I, uh… I have something for you.
- For me?
- Yes, he says searching into his pocket. Here you go.
- My phone! I exclaim. 
- I dried it and charged it all night. 
- Aw thank you, that’s so sweet…

I lean over Louis to hug him. He hugs me back when suddenly I feel his muscles contract and I can feel he’s uncomfortable. He let me go from his embrace and turns his head to the counter.

Harry is comfortably leaning on the counter, eating his raspberries with a smirk on his lips. He’s staring at me and Louis with a naughty gaze.

- Harry, can you leave? Louis asks, pointing frantically and subtly him and me and blushing. Please..? 
Harry winks at Louis, takes his pint of raspberries then leaves the kitchen, still with that smirk and naughty look.

- Uh, sorry… Louis awkwardly says.
- Don’t worry, I say, smiling. 
Louis is really embarrassed with what just happened with Harry. I can’t blame him, it was really awkward. 

I open my phone and it says “10 missed calls and 15 news texts”. 

I automatically wonder who wanted so much to join me. I verify and it’s… Tanvir. I read some of her texts.

“Cass, answer me… I believe you now…”
“Cass please I believe you! Call me!”
“Your therapist told me! Please answer me! »

What? My therapist told her for the ghost? I don’t know if I should call her backk… Maybe I should talk about it with Zayn?

- You’re okay? Louis asks, seeing anxiety in my eyes. 
- Uh… yes… it’s just…
- AAAAAAAAAAH!
- LIAM?!
Louis and I jump from our seats and run up the stairs. We get to the bathroom, where the scream was heard, and there’s Zayn, Harry, Niall and Liam. 

- What the hell is going on?! Louis hurries to ask.
As an answer, the boys point out Liam, this one strongly holding his arm, freshly marked with three deep and bloody scratches.