Chapter 8

Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn and Liam are sitting around the kitchen table and look at the gifts their fans sent them. The table is buried under tons of letters, drawings, pictures and different gifts.

Niall is looking at a scrapbook along with Liam that fan made, while eating a chocolate chip muffin. Harry is quietly reading a letter, Zayn is staring at a drawing of himself and Louis is answering a letter dedicated to him.

He scribbles a few words down when strangely his sheet starts vibrating. All of the boys jump at the same time. 

- What's vibrating like that? Harry exclaims, leaving his eyes from the letter he's reading. Look, all the letters are vibrating! 
Indeed, all the papers on the table are vibrating violently.

- Who let his phone on the middle of the table? Liam asks. 
- I think it's me, Louis says with laughter. Whoops. 
He dives his hand in the letters and drawings to catch his phone. 

He finally finds the source of the vibrations and realizes someone is calling him. He looks at the clock and it's 10pm.

- Who can possibly call me at this hour? Louis wonders. 
The boys shrug and Louis picks it up.

- Hello? he says.
"Louis?"

The voice on the other side of the phone makes him go weak. He feels butterflies in his stomach and a smile born in his face. 

***

I dial Louis' number and I wait. Suddenly, he picks it up with a soft voice: 

"Hello?"

- Louis?
It's when he answers "Cassandra?" that I lose it all. I burst out in tears. Even harder than with Tanvir. 

"Cassandra? You alright?!"

I can't answer anything. I don't know what to tell him. He doesn't know about anything, he doesn't even really know me and he would think I'm crazy too if I told him. I also cry a bit because I'm surprised he really did pick up the phone. Yes, yes,
Louis Tomlinson picked up my phone call!

But I have to tell him something, now that I called him. He's the first person I thought about to help me, because, actually, it's him and the boys who always REALLY helped me.

- L-Louis... I... I...
No words come out. I would like to tell him that I need help, that I need comfort but I can't. 

"Cassandra, don't cry, babe, tell me what's wrong!"

I can't help but smile a bit through the tears. As they continue falling down my cheeks, I concentrate to form a complete sentence. 

- My house has b-been ransacked... Everything is d-destroyed...
"What?!" he exclaims. "And you? You're okay? They didn't hurt you?"
- N-no... I'm okay...
There's a long silence. I think Louis has much more things to do than cheering me up. 

- I'm sorry for bothering you with my problems... I say, sobbing. I should hang up... 
"No! Cassandra!" Louis hurries. "You're not bothering me at all, I'm here for you. What would you think if you came here tomorrow? You'll tell me in details what's going on and maybe I could help you more than right now?"

I am shocked; Louis Tomlinson just invited me to visit him? 

- Alright, I agree through my tears. 
"Come over around noon, okay?"
- Sure...
He gives me the address before hanging up. 

I wipe away my tears on my cheeks and put me cell phone on the table beside the bed. 

I'd like to scream my lungs out of happiness but I can't. I'm exhausted. I close my eyes and fall on the bed. 

- AAAAAAAH!
I automatically open my eyes and sit up, straight like a rod. I turn and see the groom lightly floating behind me with his usual evil look. 

The pillow he threw me when I was lying down on the bed fell on the floor and I take it back, my teeth clenched. 

- Get out of here! I say throwing the pillow back in his direction. You took me everything! You destroyed everything! You made me lose my best friend! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! 
The ghost opens his mouth and screams so shrill that all I can hear is an ultra sound. He catches his neck with one hand before flying to me and disappearing into the wall. I fall back on the bed.

- He really screwed up everything...