Chapter 7

I calmly get in the apartment which is really dark. I make the least noises I can to not disturb Tanvir who's probably already sleeping at this hour. I tiptoe to in front of the living room to get to my room, when a light turns on. 

Tanvir is sitting on the couch, in her pajama, her arms crossed and she's staring at me with angry eyes.
- Where were you? she asks me. 
- What are you talking about? I answer. I was at the restaurant, as usual. 
- I know you were working, Tanvir says, a bit angry. But this morning, you weren't here! I got no news from you since you went at the Suzanne Show! 
I sight. 

- Tan, I'm alright, I'm here, you're not my mother! 
- No but I was worried! she exclaims. Cab you explain to me what's going on with you? You're always gone; you're acting so weird...
I don't reply and stare at the ground. I really don't want to talk with her about this thing with the ghost and One Direction and absolutely not right now.

I am heading to my room but Tanvir puts herself in front of my door and blocks the entrance. 

- Tan, go away, let me in. 
- Cassandra, I'm worried about you, she says staring straight into my eyes. 
- Why would you be worried about me? I'm all right! 
- Earlier, I went in your room to borrow you some clothes, she admits. 
- So? I say. It's okay, I don't care. 
- It's not the problem. 
Tanvir opens my bedroom's door and my jaw drops to the floor. Among my tore up One Direction posters, my bed is upside down and disembowelled, the springs are out of the mattress; my furniture’s are all on the floor, cracked and letting their content spreading on the floor. My One Direction's books are opened on the ground and the pages are taken off. My Up All Night DVD is crushed and someone had scribbled on it. Some clothes are destroyed, and some are still intact. All my books seem like they've been in the shredder and my room is literally destroyed. 

I get in and look everywhere. My eyes start tearing up. All my belongings and merch of my favorite band are destroyed. I turn towards Tanvir and I burst out crying.

- Tan, you got to help me!
- Cass, what's wrong? she says while hugging me. 
- He's following me everywhere! He wants to kill me, I'm pretty sure! Since I met One Direction, he seems angry and wants my skin! That's him, he destroyed all my room, you got to help me to stop him, please Tanvir, you're the only one who can help me!
She stares at me for a long time.

- But who are you talking about, Cassandra? 
- The groom! I say, almost screaming it. This ghost, he doesn't want me any good, you got to help me, please, help me! His wound in his neck scares me so much and his purple eyelids too! He's not here for good! Tanvir, I'm begging you! 
Tanvir gives me the "wtf" look. She steps behind to get away from me. 

- A ghost? she repeats.
- Yes! A ghost! 
She steps once more behind.

- Tanvir, don't think I'm crazy, please! It's true! It's the truth, you have to believe me! He humiliated me in front of my idols and look at what he did to me!
I show her the scratch on my arm. 

- Oh my God!
- Please, believe me, I beg as I fall to my knees. You're the only one who can help me...
Tanvir is devastated. She doesn't know what to say. She's looking at me crying on my knees.

- Please...
- Cass, you're my best friend, she tells me. And I think you need help. 
- I AM NOT CRAZY! YOU ASK ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? THEN THERE YOU GO! THAT'S THE TRUTH! 
I'm crying super hard. Here it goes; my best friend thinks I'm crazy. 

- Cassandra, I'm calling a therapist tomorrow. You're depressive, you're hurting yourself then you make a mess of your room to get the pain away. No one came in the house except for us two. 
I cry even more.

- Alright, Tanvir, believe me crazy. 
I take my purse and I fill it up with some clothes not torn up on my bedroom floor. I walk to the door. 

- Where are you going?
- Far away from you.
- Cass, wait... You can't, you need help, you... 
I don't let her end up her sentence and I slam the door in front of her. I quickly go down the stairs and I get out the building. It's raining cars and dogs. I get in my car, rub my tearing up eyes and drive.

I don't know where. I won't go to my parents house, Tanvir have probably already called them to tell about me going "mad". So I'm driving to the nearest hotel. 

At the hotel, I get a room for few days. I lie down on the bed and cry again. I'm all wet from the rain, I have no more hopes. I don't know what to do. Even the therapist can't do anything to help me.

Suddenly, a sentence someone once told me echoes in my head. "Call me and tell me if you feel better."

I sit up on the bed. I take my purse and take out my cell phone and the paper with Louis' phone number and signature.