Chapter 17

- I knew it! I told you it wasn’t normal!
- Niall, stop! Liam exclaims while wiping away the blood running down his arm. I just hit myself against something, there’s no relation between my wound and yours or even Cassandra’s it’s just a COINCIDENCE!!
Harry runs to Liam to help him wipe away the flowing blood with a towel. 

- What happened this time? Louis asks, getting nearer from Liam and Harry.
- Just an accident, Liam says while giving Niall a threatening gaze. 
Cassandra, still in the doorway, is looking at Zayn with a confused look. As Niall, Harry and Louis are leaning over Liam’s wound, Zayn gets nearer to Cassandra.

- What happened? Cassandra whispers loud enough so only Zayn can hear her. 
- It’s the groom… Zayn answers with the same low voice. He was there, I saw him! Liam was going to change Niall’s bandages and they were having an argument about the wound. And just when Liam was going to touch the scars to put some ointment, I saw him appear and he got near him. I couldn’t say anything, you know… So he scratched him…
Cassandra takes her head in her hands. Why does the groom feel obligated to hurt everyone?

- Whatever, Cassandra says. We’ll talk about it later. For now I have to go see my therapist. 
- Your therapist? Zayn repeats. Why?
- Louis just gave me my phone back, she explains. My room-mate, Tanvir, she told me she’s aware for the ghost. She sent me loads of texts and she even told me my therapist informed her about it. He’s not authorized to disclose what’s said during the sessions and I want explanations. Would you like to come with me, please?
Zayn looks at her for a long time, them accepts. 

- Alright, come on, he says. 
- Thank you, but not a word about the therapist or the ghost to Louis, okay?
- Don’t worry, he promises.
At the same moment Zayn and Cassandra are going through the door, Louis looks up from Liam’s wound and see them.

He can’t help but have a pinch to the heart and exclaim, jealous;

- Where are you two going like this?
Cassandra stops walking, turns around, looks at Louis then looks at Zayn, caught off guard. She gives Zayn a look meaning everything; say something random and fast. 

Zayn, as caught off guard as Cassandra, opens his mouth and stutters.

- Uh… We’re going uh… to buy… uh…
He looks at Cassandra meaning “help me!”

- Bandages! Cassandra exclaims.
- Yes! Zayn continues. Bandages…
- We’re going to buy bandages because… Cassandra improvises. Because… Liam got hurt and… we need much more bandages for Niall and him… 
- Oh, but I can go with you if you want, Cass, Louis says. Zayn will stay here. 
- No it’s okay, she replies. You stay here with Harry and Niall, take care of Liam. Zayn will come with me.
- I insist to come, Louis says, trying to hide his annoyance. 
- No, I insist! Cassandra replies. Stay here, we’ll come back later. Bye!
Then both Zayn and Cassandra run out the bathroom.

- Hey! But… Louis protest.
He wants to run after them but Harry grabs him by the shoulder and stop him from running. 

- Calm down, Harry says. They’re just going to buy bandages. They’re not going to fuck in the woods.
- WHO KNOWS?!?! Louis exclaims.
- You’re exaggerating way too much, Lou, Niall sighs. Zayn knows you love Cassandra, he’d never do that to you. 
- But I…
- Lou, it’s alright, Harry cuts. There’s nothing going on between them and I can promise you. Now, help me put that bandage to Liam. 
***
Zayn and I are in the car, taking the road to my therapist’s office. 

- Wow, what a beautiful way to flee away from somewhere, Zayn says after a moment. 
We both laugh and there’s an awkward silence following. 

I think about Liam’s wound. Why did the groom do this? Maybe he has a reason? Why what?

- Zayn, I say, breaking the silence. Why do you think the ghost hurts so much people? I mean, myself then Niall and now Liam… That detail escapes me…
- Maybe he’s trying to communicate a message? Zayn suggests. 
- What kind of message?
I can’t really tell what kind of massage he’d try to communicate us.