Chapter 22

- You’ll feel better… I promise… sleep now… 
I kiss Louis’ forehead, put the sheets on him and get out the room. 

I desperately pass my hand in my hair, put my hands on my hips then deeply sigh. 

I really hope he’ll be better soon because everything that’s happening is my fault. I brought the ghost here…

I want to keep analysing the article but it strangely isn’t in my pockets. I remember I maybe left it on the table in the living room.

So I go down the stairs and look on the table. Oddly, it’s not there either. 

“But I remember I put it there earlier…” I think. 

Zayn quietly walks through the living room with his shows on and his keys in his hands. I stop him. 

- Zayn! I say, standing in front of him, making him stop walking. Uh, didn’t you see my article anywhere?
- Your article? Zayn repeats. Uh, no, sorry.
I look down and go back to the living room. 

- Be careful, he adds. I’m leaving with a friend. I don’t want something bad to happen with the ghost while I’m gone. 
- I will, I answer, waving my hand to him. 
Zayn leaves the house then Harry and Liam arrive in the living room. They sit on the couch and turn on the TV. 

- Hey, boys, I say, standing in front of the TV. Have you seen what I was reading earlier? 
- I saw it on the table a while ago, Harry says.
- I don’t know what you’re talking about so… Liam replies.
- Thanks, though…
I head to the kitchen, sighing. But where can it be? 

I get into the kitchen, looking down, when my feet meet other feet. Niall’s feet. 

- Is that what you’re looking for? Niall asks me with a mysterious look, pointing out my article he’s holding in his hand. 
- Niall! What the hell are you doing with this?! I exclaim trying to take it back. Give it to me! 
- No, Niall harshly says. I heard everything you said with Zayn yesterday.
- What did you hear exactly..?
- Enough to have explanations, he replies bitterly. I read your article and I understood everything. It’s this weird ghost that does all of this! He scratched you, Liam and I to keep us away from you… his victim or something! I don’t understand everything that’s happening but I understand enough of it! 
I’m dismayed. Niall learnt everything about the ghost by himself! I don’t want to get him into all my problems! I have to change his track. 

- Niall, what are you talking about? I say, taking a confused look. What, a ghost?
- Don’t try to coax me! Niall immediately replies. I read and heard everything! 
He wiggles the article under my eyes. 

- Niall it’s just a tale I’m reading for fun… I whisper. It’s not real, this ghost doesn’t exist for real… 
- Arlight, he says.
He pushes me then goes through the door of the kitchené

- Hey, boys! Niall screams, walking to the living room. You know what our scratches are all about? Well it’s just Cass who sees it, it’s a kind of gho…
I sprint to Niall and jump on him. He falls on the ground and I pull him by his feet, dragging him back to the kitchen. 

- What are you doing?! Niall exclaims, debating from my embrace. Let me go! 
- Alright, fine I’m going to tell you! I say, putting my hand on his mouth when he stands back on his feet. But if you repeat it, you’re dead, got it?
- Got it, Niall replies, swallowing hardly.

I let go his mouth and we stare at each other for a long time. I take a deep breathe. 

- Okay, yes, you’re right, that ghost really does exist… I admit, whispering. There’s only Zayn and I seeing it. Yes he marked us, okay, you’re right it was him. I am his victim and he’s trying to keep you away from me. I am deeply sorry, Niall… forgive me… 
- I knew something just wasn’t right! He says. But it’s okay, it’s not like you did it on purpose. 
I nod. 

- But, Niall, you have to know it’s him who made Harry and Louis throw up. It’s because of him Louis is sick, he possesses their bodies…
- Really?!
- Yes… You have to know, know that you’re aware about the ghost, that the only way to get rid of him when he possesses someone it’s to punch this person in a weak spot. Like I did with Harry. But sometimes, he leaves by himself…
- Perfect… Niall says. 
- Now you have to promise you’re going to tell no one! I say. I you want to talk about it, talk with Zayn or myself, promised?
- Promised, Niall promises. I can’t see this ghost but still can help you.
- Thank you…
I blush a bit then Niall opens his arm. I get nearer and I hug him hardly. I feel so good. Two people are on my side now! I hug him harder when…

*BAM!*

I let him go fast and look at the wall. The plates that were on the table were propelled against the wall, making them shatter into million pieces. Niall and I are looking at each other, our mouths wide opened.
- The g-ghost? Niall stutters.

- Y-yes… I reply.