Chapter 3

This is an edited chapter.

Year 2015

“Mom, am I really needed here?” Luhan whines at her mother.  She’s not really fond of boring parties and preferred to watch movies and dramas on her room.

“Darling, act like a proper lady, will you?” Her mom hit her back making her pout. “Anyway, you should meet the son of my bestfriend. He is only 2 years older than you. And you need to socialize more darling.”

“Mom, I know how to socialize.”

“Locking yourself in your room to watch movies isn’t counted as socializing.”

“I have friend—”

“Yixing isn’t counted too, darling. She’s practically your sister and my daughter.”

Luhan almost wanted to throw a tantrum when a beautiful and elegant woman comes up to the stage. She thinks she’s about the same age as her mom.

“Good evening everyone. I am glad to have all of you here to celebrate the welcome home and birthday party of my son, Sehun.”

Everyone clapped as a guy climbed the podium. The first thing that caught Luhan’s attention is his pink hair. It’s not new to Luhan to see guys with hair color but this is her first time to see a guy with pink hair color. She looks at the hair with envy. She also wants to dye her hair but her mother won’t permit her because she’s too young. Sometimes, her mother’s overprotectiveness knows no bounds.

When the guy finally faced the crowd, Luhan was astonished. Sehun, as what the woman introduced earlier has a sharp jawline which suits his aristocractic features. It was accompanied by thick brows, thin lips and mesmerizing eyes. His hair really suits him. It made him manlier. Luhan realized that it’s not that bad to attend a party especially when you see wonderful scenario like this, like him.

“Hmm, someone’s got a crush, I wonder who it is.”

Luhan blushed hard when she realized that her mother’s been observing her. “I don’t have a crush on Sehun, mom!”

Her mom gave her a teasing smile. “You can’t memorize names easily yet you easily remembered Sehunnie’s name.”

Luhan’s on her verge on throwing a tantrum when someone called her mother’s name.

“Qian, my dear! I missed you so much!” It was the same woman in the stage and she has Sehun on her tow.

“Sunyonggie, I missed you too!”

Luhan played on her fingers as her mother and Sehun’s mother hugged each other. She accidentally glanced at Sehun who’s staring at her impassively. Her doe eyes widen and her cheeks flushed really hard. Why is he looking at Luhan? She can already imagine what he’s thinking about her. She looks stupid on his perception, that’s for sure. She bites her bottom lip while avoiding his gaze.

“Is this our little deer, Luhannie? You grow up so beautiful, my dear. You are even prettier than your mom.” Mrs. Oh hugged her then pinched her cheeks.

“Of course, Sunyonggie, she got my blood flowing on her veins,” says her mom proudly.

With red staining her cheeks, she bowed to greet the elder woman. “Hello, Mrs. Oh, nice to meet you.”

“She’s really cute, Qian! Sehunnie, my dear son, come here. I want you to meet, Luhan, daughter of my bestfriend, Qian. Luhannie, this is my son, Sehun.”

Without looking at the guy in front of her, she bowed again. “Nice to meet you, I am Xi Luhan.” She said in a very soft tone. She’s not even sure if she’s audible.

“Likewise, I’m Sehun.”

When Luhan raised her head, her eyes found Sehun’s grey eyed one. She gasped in surprise. His eyes are really breathtakingly beautiful.

“We will leave you both for a moment, okay?”

Luhan whips her head towards her mother. She’s about to complain that she doesn’t want to be left alone with Sehun but her mom only smiled at her while waving her hand. Oh no, Luhan is not equipped to socialize with other people especially with the one she admires.

Luhan followed Sehun when he sits on their table. She nibbles her lower lip as she keeps on thinking how to start a conversation with this drop dead gorgeous man. How she wished Yixing’s here to give her an advice.

“Uh, happy birthday! I guess you are already 19? My mom told me that you are 2 years older than me. We have the same birth month. Mine’s on 20 and turning 17.” Luhan blabbered, not looking at Sehun directly. She looks at the cutlery that lies on the top of their table instead. Good thing she didn’t stutter. She waited for a minute but Sehun remained silent. She knew it, she’s really awkward.

“I’m so sorry if I haven’t got a gift for you. I’m not aware that it’s your birthday.” Luhan clutched her handkerchief tightly when Sehun’s still silent.

“Don’t you think it’s rude when you are not looking at the person you are talking to?” Sehun said in a gruff tone.

Luhan can only blink at Sehun when she finally heard his voice. “I-I’m sorry—“