Chapter 9

Year 2015

“Mom? Why did you prepared so much food? Is there an occasion?” Luhan chirped. She’s actually preparing for her admission at Seoul National University. She purposely wants to study there because of Sehun as well as her friends.

Luhan and Sehun became closer for the past few months. It took a long time before Luhan totally believed that he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Luhan already has a trust issues caused by her father and luckily, Sehun understood where she’s coming from. He never failed to pick her up every dismissal and sometimes, he also drop Kyungsoo and Yixing home. Although Kyungsoo’s still skeptical of Sehun because he made Luhan cry but she and Yixing totally support Luhan of her happiness.

Sehun already assured her that he doesn’t have anyone but it is still unsettling. Sure, they were always hanging out. He also gets jealous when someone’s hovering over her but does it really mean that he also likes her? Is it enough assurance that he will not look for another woman just like what her father did? No, it is not enough for Luhan.

“Oh, this is a special day for my lovely daughter.” Her mother singsongs while gesturing to some maids to place the cutleries and food on the table.

“What did you plan this time, mom?”Luhan asked exasperatedly. Her mom has so many things up to her sleeves and Luhan’s just indulging her usually.

“Nothing,” Her mom replied but she refused to believe it. She stared at her mom suspiciously. “Anyway, what’s the score between you and Sehunnie?”

If she’s drinking, she could’ve choked. “What kind of question is that mom?” Luhan feigns but her crimson cheeks says otherwise. Of course, Luhan exactly knew what her mom’s asking.

“Is he finally courting you?”

“No, mom! We’re just friends!” Though Luhan secretly dreams that they’ll be more than that.

“Friends? He always pick you up every morning and drops you home, darling. He is also willing to be your emotional outlet everytime you are having cramps. And I saw the way he looks at you that is anything but a friend.”

“Madam, the Oh’s has arrived.”

Luhan’s eyes almost fall from its socket upon hearing the maid’s statement. She wants the ground to open and swallow her completely especially when she caught her mom winking at her. She’s surely planning something. She can’t help but to feel nervous. She greeted Sehun’s mom, who insisted to call her mom instead of aunt. Her eyes shifted towards the tall domineering figure behind Mrs. Oh. She smiled brightly at him but his cold and dark gaze zapped her whole being making her stiffen. Did she do something wrong?

Even when they finally seated and placed the table napkin on their lap, Sehun didn’t look on her way. She nibbles her bottom lip anxiously trying to remember if she did something offensive yesterday. As far as she can remember, she didn’t let any guy near her so there is no reason for Sehun to be grumpy.

“Sunkyu and I have been friends since fetus.” Luhan’s doe eyes shifted from stoic Sehun to her mom.

“We made a pact when we were still young and we still ought to make it happen.” Mrs. Oh continued.

Luhan has a bad feeling about this especially when she somehow accidentally glanced at Sehun who has dark expression marring his handsome face.

“We have also thought that our family were both influential and powerful so merging it will be both beneficial to us.”

Wait, what?

“It is also good that both of you are getting to know each other so the plan of binding you two into marriage will be easier.”

The silverware fell from Luhan’s delicate hand emitting an unpleasant sound that reverberates through the dining room. It startled the two elder women while the only man in the table remain unfazed, his dark eyes fixed at his mom.

“I beg your pardon,” Sehun suddenly said in a stiff voice. “I’m afraid that I can’t comply with what you want. Arranged marriages are simply cruel and often make couples unhappy which usually lead to divorce.” He continued while his eyes boring at his mother.

“I want to marry the girl that I love and not the one who was dictated by my parents.”

Oh, so that’s why he’s ignoring her again. Luhan gulped the bitter aftertaste of water that she just drank. She averted her stinging doe eyes and silently praying that they will not notice how she can barely held her emotion. What does she expect? That Sehun will finally return her feelings? There are so many mature, sexy and beautiful girls around him. Why will he even like her right? She didn’t even heard him say that he likes her. She should have known better than to let her hopes up. It is time to finally stop her delusions.

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

“What did you just said, mom?” Luhan asked, partially hoping that she just misheard it.

“Darling…”

She almost wanted to let out a sardonic laugh just to spite them especially Oh Sehun who’s looking smug. She closed her eyes momentarily to calm herself or else she might lose her shit.

“We have started planning for your wedding. If you want beach wedding, Maldives will be the best venue for that.” Mrs. Oh said enthusiastically.

“I beg your pardon, Mrs. Oh.” Luhan said in a hard voice. “You might not be aware but I already have a boyfriend whom I love very much.” She emphasized the last words. Luhan saw in her peripheral vision how Sehun’s arrogant feature turned dark.

“I would not like to be subjected once again in an arrange marriage because I don’t want my life to be miserable.” She gave her mom a pointed look. “Besides, I don’t want anyone to dictate who I will marry. If I will marry someone right now then it would be Jackson Wang only.”

Luhan ignored the shocked expression of Sehun’s mom. Did they expect that she will agree on this bullshit? She can’t believe that her mom will do this. She’s one of those people who witnessed how she suffered because of Sehun yet she initiated this arrangement again. She needed to be out of this place. She promised Kyungsoo earlier that she will call her if something bad will happen but she doesn’t want to disturb her with her dinner date. She wiped the napkin on her lips. She needs to breathe. She needs Jackson.

“I’m sorry but I need to cut this dinner short. I still have an important thing to do this evening.” She says apologetically but of course it is contrary to what she really feels, because she badly wants to get out of this suffocating place. She stood to give her mother and Mrs. Oh a brief kiss on their cheek. She didn’t bother to look at Sehun and just went ahead. Her purse and jacket were handed to her by the new helper. She automatically reached out for her car keys and phone. She needs to call Minseok to make some arrangement for her.

She panicked when she heard frantic footsteps behind her. She’s about to open the car door when someone snatched her arm and spun her around. She was pulled flush on a hard chest. Luhan took a sharp intake of oxygen as Sehun’s scent overwhelmed her senses. She put her both her hands on his chest and pushed him away but the latter was too adamant not to let her go.

Mine, Only Mine [HunHan Fanfiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें